CHAPTER 32

FERIONA

                 "Can't believe you literally asked for a stranger's help!" Jungkook murmured while walking beside me, I rolled my eyes at him.

"Well at least he helped us to cross that bridge." I said.

"Still..." Jungkook said sighing.

Bambam showed us the direction and Jungkook and I followed his lead, I was following not saying much while Jungkook kept murmuring under his breath how wrong of a decision it is to accompany a total stranger along. We kept walking and then after a while a town came into view, the wooden board on the top of entrance said F E R I O N A, we went inside the town.

It was a quiet place, peaceful just like the forest, not many people around, only the animals like goats; sheep and horses were there without their owners to be seen around or the owners just inside their house.

The town had all the wooden houses with glasses and wooden doors, a small windmill giving the power to the houses in order to work efficiently, the horses grazing in the field while the group of rabbits hopping around freely, a parrot sitting on a perch on a pole. This Feriona town seemed more like a zoo than just a town.

We were in the middle of a market with so many different shops with different items, I walked close to one of the shop and it had all the vegetables. I glanced around and noticed just a sheep in the shop, my stomach rumbled as my eyes drifted on the carrots and I gulped as my mouth watered as it's been almost a day and a half since I started my journey and all this while I haven't eaten anything.

I gradually made my way to the carrots and took a bite of a carrot and began munching, as I was about to swallow but got startles as someone cleared their throat as in a sign of being caught, I looked up at Jungkook and Bambam who just were staring at me, "What?"

"Nothing!" they both said in a synchronizes way, I took another bite and a heavy voice spoke, "Have you paid for that carrot, Mister?"

I looked at Jungkook and Bambam but they just stared at me, I looked around for the signs of Daehyun but even his voice doesn't match with whose I just heard! I glanced around one more time and saw the sheep staring at me weirdly without blinking and that sheep opened his mouth the same voice I heard which I did a minute ago, "Mister, I hope you pay for that otherwise you are going to have a tough time here in Feriona."

My eyes widened and I heard Bambam chuckling and I stood there stoned after hearing a sheep talking in a human language or I am hearing voices now and literally going crazy with this journey and without eaten anything. Bambam went to the shop and exchanging some coins in return with a bunch of carrots with the sheep and the sheep went back to the place where it was sitting before or shall I say "he."

"Was it just me or that sheep was really talking to me?" I said blinking furiously at the sheep as I tried to let it process in my mind.

"Now you know why humans are confined in this place as this place is filled with talking animals," Bambam said, Jungkook too stood there stunned.

"If that's the case then how come you are here?" Jungkook asked to Bamabam.

"I don't stay here just parcel things from here to the mainland like vegetables and stuff." Bambam replied nonchalantly and walked in my direction.

"Here, this is for you." Bambam said while handing over the bunch of carrots to me, I looked at him blinking and replied, "Umm... you didn't had to do that!"

"Thought you might be hungry." He said with a smile.

"Uh...thank you!" I said while hesitantly taking it from his hands.

I eyes went at Jungkook's direction who is just poking his tongue in his mouth while looking away, "Can we move now?"

We walked to one of the house and knocked on the door, after a few more knocks the door opened with a creaking noise as girl opened the door lazily. She had a mid length raven hair with the front of her hair dyed as white, she gave us a bored look and asked, "Who the fuck are you all?"

We all looked at each other before replying to her question, "Are you by any chance a familiar?"

"Yeah why? You here to abduct me or something?" she said annoyed.

"Umm well there is a symbol in a cave that we want to know about and it holds a passage which can only be opened by a familiar," I said to her, "Can you come with us to that cave in order to open that?"

She began laughing "Do you all take me as a fool who would come with you who are aware of what I really am?"

"We know, we know it's hard to believe some strangers word but please come with us and see for yourself if you still don't believe then you can leave anytime." I said trying to convince her.

"How to believe that it isn't just a trap?" She asked looking at us suspiciously.

"You are right! This was a stupid idea to even come here looking for a familiar" Jungkook said groaning, the girl looked at him and her eyes sparkled.

"You look handsome..." She said glancing at Jungkook with a twinkle in her eyes, "Only if I was straight I would have definitely dated you."

I gritted my teeth as I heard that.

"Alright, I would come with you but what will I get out of this?" she asked with boredom and looked at her own nails instead.

"Whatever you ask for..." she looked at us and gave it a thought and spoke,"Umm how about him as my entertainer let's say for a week?"

"Not happening" I replied with straight face before Jungkook could, she chuckled.

"Alright how about that necklace you wearing?" she referred to my necklace the one which I was wearing and was gifted by Jungkook. Jungkook looked at that and his eyes soften, he blinked and looked on the ground, he closed his eyes and then opened as he offered.

"How about this instead?" Jungkook asked, he took out a golden bracelet from his pocket which had golden flowers delicately encrypted and on top of it some initials were written saying "Tae and Kook" in a cursive writing, beautifully.

I looked at that and my eyes glistened a bit, Jungkook looked at me and our gaze met for a second meanwhile she looked at Jungkook and me and her lips cracked upwards and she grabbed the bracelet from Jungkook's hands.

"Fine humans I'll join you but do you all have names?" she asked keeping the bracelet in her side pocket.

We all introduced ourselves to her and asked, "And you are...?"

"Jennie" She replied.

We walked back to the cave and she looked at the symbol on the ground, she went in the middle of the symbol and shape shifted into a bird and we covered our ears with hands as she made a sharp pitchy bird noise, that echoed throughout the cave. The earth beneath us shook and we tried to keep our balance. The snowdrop symbol on the ground vanished from the ground and a passage on the wall opened.

...

(AN: Please vote and comment.)