CHAPTER 49

THE VOICES

Jungkook POV

I, Jimin and Baekhyun, we three travelled back to the underworld, now that we have the stone we have a chance that Taehyung will be back to normal. Taehyung must be preparing for the battle with those darklings we need to stop him before he does something that he regret for all his life.

As we entered back into the underworld we hear sounds of forging, rattling and sharpening of swords. From above we saw thousands of darklings, demons, and many other dark figures preparing for the battle. My heart is throbbing loudly as we are reaching back to the Dark Palace, we climbed down from the dragon.

I took a deep breath as the huge doors opened and with careful steps we went inside the Dark Palace, the door closed behind us with a loud thud and the noises of those forging and rattling faded and silence filled the atmosphere.

Everything was quiet now just like the silence before the storm. We glanced at each other and stepped forward, the noises of our footsteps filled the hall as we ventilated further into the Palace.

Taehyung was sitting on the throne wearing a leather black suit with cloak while holding the Staff of Tenebrosity in his hands conversing with Chanyeol and darkling standing right beside the throne. My heart pounding loudly as we walked closer to him. I, Jimin and Baekhyun walked to him and stood in the center of the hall. I swallowed the lump that formed inside my throat.

"Taehyung!" I called out his name and his eyes sharply drifted from Chanyeol to us making our body stiffened, his black iris has no softness that he used to have, my heart ached seeing him this way, becoming the beast right in front of my very eyes.

"Where the fuck were you three?" Taehyung said as venom dripped from his voice and he raised his brows at us in suspiciousness.

"Taehyung that staff you holding is a very bad news, its evil!" I said while taking cautions steps towards stairs that leads to the throne while his eyes observing my every movement, "That staff is making you do these awful things, you don't have to do all this Taehyung, give the staff to me and everything will be fine."

"No, I am not giving you this," He said with a straight face with coldness in his voice making me halt on my steps, "It belongs to me, you are just saying that because you envy the power that I have now."

"It's not that Taehyung!" I said as I let out a stuttered breath, "Listen to me, Tae! It is turning you into a demon!"

"What are you saying?" He asked with frown.

"Believe me Tae, it's trying to control your mind, I know you don't wanna do this." I said while maintaining the eye contact with him, frowing he fluttered his eyes in confusion and broke down the eye contact as glanced down thinking it through but then the wind in the surrounding rose as if whispering something and his grip onto the Staff tightened.

"What if it's exactly what I wanted to do." He said returning back the eye contact with coldness and his breathing enraging. Suddenly the temperature in the hall fell more making it immerse chilled, sending chills down to the spine.

"What if I do want them to suffer like I did, what if I do want them to go through all the pain that they made me go through?" He said as he raised an eyebrow at me with so much bitterness, his voice turning inimical.

"That won't be a right thing to do Taehyung!" Jimin said he shook his head at Taehyung.

"Seriously after all they have done...How would you feel been trapped into the depths of darkness for thousands of years where there is no sun, no happiness, no joy, fighting with your own demons and you're left with no choice but to wait till your own self brings you out of that," Taehyung continued saying with fire in his eyes, I frowned and titled my head in confusion at his words, "And you go through all of those things just because of them."