CHAPTER 31

BROKEN BRIDGE

                Like they say "where there is an end, there is a way" but here, there is always a dead end. Jungkook and I after coming to certain terms was supposed to reach a place where we could find the familiar but all we got is a broken bridge which leads to death.

"You still want to continue with this journey?" Jungkook asked, I sighed for the twentieth time in a row, "Come on Tae, let's go back if this whole thing is leading to nowhere shouldn't we suppose to take the hint that there is no result for this whole thing."

"You are saying that just because you don't want me to get in trouble again." I replied with a straight face, this time Jungkook took a long sigh.

"Why don't you understand there is no death stone, it doesn't exist! When will you stop with this madness?" my knuckles turned white and teeth made a sharp noise of being gritted so hard, I tried to control my breath and replied, "If that is so then you can go back, I didn't asked for your company, Jungkook."

Its ironic how we are fighting like husband and wife from now and then and I am not even the one he got married to even begin with. "Have you lost your mind? You want me to leave you on your own on the land which is considered to be the most dangerous in the world. You can't be serious now, Taehyung."

I ignored his presence and turned around and looked around the woods, Jungkook noticed and said, "What are you looking for now?"

"You can carry on with 'that stone doesn't exist' for all you want but I am not going back and that's final, and that's my decision to die in here now you can go back to your mansion and to your wife." I said while began pushing the trunk of the fallen woods towards the bridge.

"Seriously...what are you up to, Tae?" He said looking at me with raised brows and clicked his tongue.

"I did know you are blind in love but never thought you might be blind for real." I said with a sarcastic smile, "Can't you see I am trying to push this on the bridge to fix it and so that we-I could go across it."

"If you tried to push this onto the bridge then the bridge will collapse." Jungkook said with a bored face and I let go the trunk and turned on my heels.

"Where are you-Wait! you finally decided to go back?" He said with curiosity in his voice.

"No, I am going to the witch town to find someone who could help me to fix this bridge unlike you." I said and kept walking but he stood there only.

"You are so stubborn, Taehyung!" He shouted for me to hear it very clearly, "Just so you know the witches can't enter this place, none of them will help you even if you found any."

"There aren't all witches only, someone would help." I shouted back.

"You know what I am so done with your behavior, Taehyung. You think you are the only one who got to be the victim here."

"Excuse me?" I turned at him sharply.

"No seriously, I asked for the forgiveness and you said 'alright I forgive you' but then you go back to acting as strangers, I literally waited for all those times to be with you, just you and all you do is play the victim."

"Hun?" my mouth touched the ground at his bizarre words, I walked close to him shaking my head not believing what he just said to me, Oh! The irony gosh.

"So... what you want me to do, kiss your feet for that? Or to kiss and make up saying that everything is fine babe let's get married, let's have a baby... do hell with the world who cares if the world ends, isn't that so?" I shouted right at his face.

"Not that but at least-!" He began but lost his the words as he looked at me standing so close to him.

"Then what you want me to do, Jungkook?!" I asked again, "You keep nagging for me to go back to the place where I never want to go back ever again, you say you love me yet you want me to do the things that you want, if that is so then you just want to control me and that's not considered even close to love."

He just stood there saying nothing I continued with calm breath, "If you love me then have faith in me, I am not insane I know what I am doing."

He and I just stood there looking at each other for a while in silence as none of us saying anything, but we startled as we heard applause from a different direction.

We turned and saw a guy sitting on the trunk that I was trying so hard to push, a guy with black hair, long face and a bit skinny wearing all some old fashioned clothes with an old shirt and pants. He stood up and walked in our direction and that's when we knew he is feet smaller than Jungkook and I but not much difference.

"I am sorry I didn't mean to ruin the intense moment that you both had, but I have been looking at you guys bickering at each for quite a while now, I never saw you guys around here." He looked at both of us and asked, "Are you two lost?"

"No, No we are not, we were just passing by." Jungkook replied rudely and grabbed my arms, I rolled my eyes at him so much for 'leap of faith' oof, "Now, if you would excuse-"

"Well if you want help to cross the bridge then I can do that." I snatched my arms from Jungkook's grab and looked at the strange guy.

"You can help us getting across the bridge?" I asked happily.

"Mm-hmm" he agreed.

"Taehyung, we don't even know who this is how can you believe his words?" Jungkook said to me clearly annoyed with the guys presence.

"Wait and watch." The strange guy said with a smug face and walked in the bridge direction.

He began walking on top of the broken bridge without a care in the world, We were about to tell that guy to stop as he is making a death choice but we frowned as the moment he began walking the broken bridge didn't collapsed as he was walking in the air as he crossed the bridge and stood at the other point of the bridge, my head began spinning. We couldn't believe with what just happened.

"How-How can this be!"

"What the-"

"Come on guys! that broken wooden bridge is just an image you can cross it, there is a glass bridge right on top of it you won't see it with naked eyes but touch the edge of the bridge with your feet will find it."

"wait- what!"

I began walking and Jungkook held me back, "Taehyung wait! you are going to believe him that easily."

"I wouldn't if he wouldn't have been standing right across the bridge, Jungkook." I said and went close to the bridge and with hesitate steps I took a step and heard a clicking of a glass sound right under my boots, I jumped on it and the glass sound echoed. "Gosh he is right! There is a bridge in here."

"Tae! Be careful don't jump on that!"

We crossed the bridge without having it collapsed and I thanked the stranger.

"Anytime." He replied with a smile.

"Who are you and how did you knew about the bridge?" Jungkook asked.

"Name's Bambam, and I have been living here from quite a while now, I know a lot about this place, if you ever came in need of a guide I can do that too."

"woah! So can you tell us where we could find a familiar?" I asked and Jungkook gave me a sharp look.

"Taehyung!" I ignored.

"umm yeah you should go straight from here and you will find a familiar." Bambam said pointing to a direction, "Be careful though the people there are quite weird doesn't accept humans easily."

"What do you mean?"

"You will come to know soon." Bambam said and began leaving.

"No wait-! Can you come with us in finding one?" I asked.

"Taehyung, the fuck?!"

Bambam gave us an uncertainty look at first but then nodded.

"Sure"

"Ugh Just great!" Jungkook said groaning.

...

(AN : please vote and comment)