CHAPTER 13

NORTHERN MOUNTAINS

Jimin P.O.V

I have been running in the dark forest like place, my heartbeat is high, my destination seems like a blur but all I can do is run, and I tried to run faster but I stopped on my tracks as there is no way further, I have reached the end of a cliff.

I looked around; a sudden noise of cracking was heard near the bushes, I kept looking at the bush where the noise came from, creepy silence all around, my breathing is increasing with each passing second.

"Where are you running to hun?" I jumped at the sudden voice as someone said that right in my left ear but when my head turned at my left side there was no one, I can feel someone's presence behind me I took a deep breath and turned around once more.

"Hmm... scared, I see" said the person wearing a black cloak, pale skin but all I can see is a smirk on his red lips as his half face is covered with the cloak itself. After a while he removed his cloak that was covering his face and my blood went dried from my face, and I gulped and stepped back.

"Be careful sweetheart, you might fall" red iris staring right through me, he stepped closer and my breathing stuttered and the next thing I felt was that I was falling, as I was about to hit the ground my eyes opened.

I found myself in the car; I took a deep breath as my breathing is still unstable. Taehyung and Jungkook sitting beside me in the back of the car, Baekhyun and Chanyeol sitting in the front while Baekhyun is the one driving the car.

"Are you alright, Chim! You dozed off for a while" said Taehyung, his brows are having a slight frown while his eyes are staring at me with concern.

"Y-yeah! I think, just a bad dream I guess" I said with a long sigh.

"Well, cheer up! We are almost at our destination" Baekhyun said while turning the staring wheel, I looked through the car's window and saw huge mountain areas. After a while Baekhyun stopped the car engine and pulled the handbrakes, we all got out of the car.

Taehyung POV.

Baekhyun went behind the car and opened the trunk and pulled out the crossbow and passed on the sword to Chanyeol. Later on pulled out a wooden case.

"Are we at war or something?" I asked.

"Not yet, but we need to be prepared all the time just in case if anything comes up, Anyways follow me" Baekhyun explained and closed the trunk and locked the car and began walking towards north with crossbow in one hand and other holding the case, we all followed him.

After walking for hours we reached a certain place, a huge bird cage placed in the center. The bird cage seems antique, gold plates all around it, decorated with golden flower and leaf like symbols.

"What this cage is for?" I asked being quite astonished with the cage's beauty.

"You will see" Chanyeol said with a smug face.

Baekhyun pulled out the wooden case and it has a golden whistle and he brings it to his mouth and blows in it, the sound of it traveled throughout the mountain areas and we heard a high pitch whistle in return and saw a golden eagle flying towards us.

It was the voice of eagle and it's enlarging as it's more and more visible through the clouds. 'Is this cage for this bird?' The golden eagle went and sat on the bird cage instead of going in it and held the cage with it's talons.

"Hurry up! Get in the cage" Baekhyun said while putting the whistle back in the case.

"Wait! Isn't the bird supposed to be in the bird cage?" I asked.