Unexpected Truth (45)

(Dinah pictured above)

Y/N POV
"Thanks", Dinah said aggressively taking Jai's bag away from me.

"You know you can't stay mad at me forever right?", I said grabbing Jai out of her car seat.

"I'm not mad you"

I sighed and closed my car door with my leg. I followed behind Dinah into the house and walked straight into the living room. Dinah sat down on the couch and turned on the tv while I gently placed Jai into her play pen. She's getting so big so quickly and it sort of feels like time is going by so fast. In fact, my birthday is coming up pretty soon so I'm pretty excited about that but I don't really know what I'm doing yet.

"So I'll pick the kids up in a few days?", I questioned.

"Yeah I guess", she said quietly.

I let out a huge sigh and gave Jai a kiss on the cheek before heading upstairs to tell the boys that I was leaving. When I walked into their bedroom, I saw Jax laying down playing video games while Jaid was knocked out sleeping in his bed.

"Hey buddy I just wanted to tell you I'm going back to my place", I whispered.

"Okay bye mama", Jax said putting his controller down.

He jumped off of his bed and ran over to me to give me a big hug. I swear nothing in this world makes me feel better than being with my kids.

"I love you buddy"

"I love you too"

"When your brother wakes up tell him that I'll call him later okay?"

"Okay"

I slowly pulled away and let him get back to what he was doing. I walked back downstairs to the living room to see if Dinah was still watching tv but she was texting on her phone instead. Not going to lie, every time I come over she looks better and better. I feel like such an idiot for how everything is downplaying between us but I also feel like what I'm doing is the right thing. It's been about 2 weeks since she asked me to move back in and there has been a lot of built up tension between us.

"I thought you left?", she spoke up.

"What you don't like me being here?", I said jokingly.

"You know what I mean", she chuckled.

"Yeah I know. I was just telling the boys bye"

"Oh okay"

"Yeah"

"So um what did you guys do today?", she asked me.

"We only went to Dave and Busters", I said honestly. "Jaid kept begging so I figured why not?"

"Sounds fun"

"Yeah it was"

"So what are you doing tonight?", she asked me.

"Probably gonna look over some files at work and watch some porn", I said honestly.

"Wow", she chuckled.

"Well I'm just being honest"

"You know you wouldn't have to do that if you would just move back in", she said walking towards me.

"I still wouldn't be getting some regardless", I said walking closer.

"You sure about that?", Dinah questioned brushing her nose up against mine.

"Positive", I said as our lips gently touched each other.

My eyes looked down at Dinah's fully exposed chest and quickly pulled her in for a kiss. Surprisingly, she happily obliged and kissed me back completely catching me off guard. We stood in the living room making out for a good 4 minutes without either of us trying to catch a breath. I swear it felt like the old days before we had kids or any of the drama going on between us. Eventually, Dinah slowly pulled away and we both took huge breaths before she spoke up.