"Come to Thank me!"

After what had happened that day. Richard spent the night thinking about things. How he wanted to live after he was back to normal, if that was even possible at this point.

He heard the cell door to his room unlock and open. Dick didn't care in the slightest at the moment and stayed laying down, back turned to the room, face, looking at the wall in front of him.

"Richard." Batman walked in and looked up at the boy.

Richard felt his stomach drop at the voice. He shot out of bed and tackled the man down to the ground and clung to him. Bruce looked at him and hugged back, patting his back. Officers peaked inside and looked in amazement that Richard was showing emotion to anyone. They we're also surprised Batman didn't toss him off, and we're beyond bewildered as to why Batman would hug anyone.

"Mr. Wayne." Bruce's Batman voice spoke. "I'd like to ask you a few things."

Dick looked up at him and stood. He pushed off of his chest and wobbled back before sitting on the bottom bunk to his room. He waited as Batman stood and walked over and sat down on the same Bunk.

"Deathstroke has been sentenced to death." Batman spoke seriously. "His crimes deemed him worthy. So he will die by the electric chair tonight. Officers are asking whether you want to go or not. As closure." Batman spoke.

"No. I'm not going." Richard hugged his folded knees to his chest.

"Understood." Batman nodded. "So, how are you feeling? Any urges of killing? Blood thirsty emotions? Spikes in anger? Any triggers?"

"Yeah." Dick looked at his arms. "A lot of them. But my medicine helps me. But it is still so strong. It burns me not to kill others. The restraint is horrible. I can't take it sometimes and I lash out. I get triggered when someone does something threatening. It is like I black out almost. Snap. And I go into some kill mode Deathstroke drilled into my head." Dick looked up at Batman.

"I see." Batman looked down. "I'm sure you will get better Dick Grayson." Batman then patted his shoulder and stood.

"I hope I get better to." Richard smiled weakly.

Batman nodded and soon exited the room. Richard looked at him and followed weakly, his eyes going hazey.  Richard then clung to his cape and stopped walking. This snagged and made Batman pause and turn to him in concern.

"Are you alright?" Batman asked.

"..." Richard looked forwards with a dead look.

"Sir?" A policeman approached and stared carefully, body in a stance of caution.

Richard's blue eyes stared forwards and then twitched. He exhaled deeply and let Batman go and began to walk forwards. This, catching Bruce's interest made him want to follow. So he did.

The group consisted of Richard, Batman, and a cop walked down the halls of the Asylum. Them all followed by no one else.

Richard looked around and continued to walk around and down halls for a bit before stopping at a cell. He then slammed his hand on it and scratched at the metal door.

"Dick?" Batman spoke warily.

Batman growled some and grabbed his wrists and pulled them against his chest to stop him before he started to make his finger tips bleed. He then peered into the cell Richatd was scratching at. He then narrowed his eyes in disgust.

Smirking right back at him was The Joker.

"Hello Bats." Joker hummed delightfully.

"Let me in." Richard mumbled.

"Dick. You do know wh-" Bruce was cut off.

"LET ME IN!" Richard snapped.

The cop looked to Batman and shook his head.

"Nuh uh! This kid is probably having a mental breakdown. He needs to be examined." The cop spoke to the dark Knight.

Bruce looked down at Richard and looked up at Joker and growled again.

"Why does he want to see you? Tell me. No jokes!" Bruce hissed as he held a flailing boy in his grasp, far enough from the door as to not kick and break his toes.

"I'm the one who figured out what Sladey poo had in store for dear Dickie. He was gonna escape this building with him. And further train him. Beat him as I overheard from one if my lackies. My eyes and ears always turn up right. And now justice is being done on the poor poor man who twisted the kid's little mind! I was only helping him~!" Joker purred and leaned against the door. "He probably wants to Thank me."

"You shot him! Made him relive his circus days! And almost sent him through his parent's fate! BROADCASTED IT TO MY FACE! And you honestly think he will thank you?" Batman growled and eyed the man with a calm smirk.

"Yes. I expect him to thank me. I avenged his unfair life. I brought closure for him, and brought down his demon. What I did was my own classic version of fun Batman. Want to know what I had planned?" Joker purred. "Pure honesty!" He held up his right hand and gave him an innocent glare.

"Fine. If you are deciding to be so open. Tell me." Bruce spoke through gritted teeth.

"I know Slade would rescue him. I knew he wasn't dead. A man like Wilson doesn't simply die by my hand due to exploding his fucking car, haha! No no no. Not public. Unannounced. Sudden. HAH! Not like me at all Batsy! I simply led him to think I would kill him and sent signals to a sight that had out future location. I roughed up Dickie here. And dragged him to the sight I wrote down at the place Sladie Poo was going thanks to me. I had my fun and I get caught! As predicted. I get fucked up and turned inside out by Dick. And let him vent a little while I suffered. But knowing the masochist me. I only enjoyed it, hehehehe!" Joker's twisted laughter filled the hall before he inhaled dramatically." That set up the stage for you both. Protectors of Dickie to the same home, knowing you would be able to track me down, as you always do. And knowing you. You chose the least harmful option for the boy. Arkham. With Slade following. So you sent Richard here so he was safe from jail. And made sure Sladey came too, as a protector, knowing he wouldn't harm him. But I knew, hehehe, oh I knew Deathstroke had more plans. Sense he is a man of plotting. I sent my trusted psychos to listen in on his plans, sense he too has his own lap dogs here. I gathered enough information to settle on what he was doing. So I waited. And waited. And Slade showed his aggressive side to Dick once more I knew he had planned on harming him, sense he knew Dick wasn't 100% loyal to him. So I walked up to Dick. And told him what was going on. And poof. Bye bye bad man!" Joker cackled. "I knew. Everything that was to happen. Because I was planning this for months!" Joker gripped the bars. "So he should thank me. Because I saved him from Deathstroke. Not Bruce. And not you. Me."

Richard stared up at him and then looked back down, his flailing not stopping as he tried to get to the clown meanwhile Batman just stared at Joker, who was holding in a chuckling fit.

"Sir!" The cop grabbed Batman's shoulder. "The boy. He needs help." The cop spoke as Richard struggled.

"R-right. You keep guards at this man's door twenty four seven!" Batman then walked down the halls, picked Richard up and throwing him over his shoulder carefully, like a sack of baby chickens.

((Lol idk why I said baby chickens, haha. I couldn't think of anything else.))