Their Compromise

Bruce parked the Bat Mobile outside a condemned area or city and looked around. Cyborg did a scan, and found some signals of Some of Slade's drones. Them being active in the ground. Cyborg then scanned fir entrances and found only one, as well as an exit. He then turned on his heat vision. He Shuddered as he saw the cold bodies and the bodies if drones and their heat. He then slowly followed his gaze down the exit, all while staying put. He following the exit out and began to walk to get better readings.

Bruce follows.

Cyborg begins to slow his pace down as he grew more cautious. Bruce looked around and did a scan for life, sense Cyborg didn't have that yet. He found none within his range so he turned it off.

"Here." Cyborg then saw footprints, and dragging to the side, and droplets of blood. "Scan that please."

"Right." Bruce bent down and held his hand out.

His glove had built in sensors into it. He then began to scan for DNA, and matched it to Richard's.

*DNA scan complete

One result found.

Richard Grayson.*

"It's him." Bruce spoke in a serious tone.

Cyborg grew a more serious but worried look on his face. He hummed and the two stood and began to follow the trail of drag marks, footsteps and blood.

************

Richard was dozing in and out as he was testing in a bed. Him panting heavily as Slade worked on the bullet wound. He felt a sharp pain in his chest and went to scream. He then felt a hand over his mouth as he whaled in pain, it being muffled by the bloody hand.

Richard was insanely strong for a kid his age. He was barely alive. Him having lost too much blood.

"I'm sorry about the pain." Slade apologized before going back to fixing torn tissues.

Richard nodded weakly and just bared the pain a little longer. But soon Slade was in fact finished repairing things before he sewed his wound closed. He then bandaged it and walked to a dresser and pulled out a shirt, sense he had to cut Richard's off.

Richard sat up and put the shirt on. He then looked down at his bandaged feet and sighed. He knew his healing amplifier that Slade gave him will heal all this, but it still sucked pure ass due to the immense pain, even with Morphine pumping in his blood.

"Hehehe!" Joker chuckled in the corner as he slept.

The two drones went alert and held their guns to his head. Richard whipped his head and shuddered as he watched the Clown wake up. Slade was sitting in a chair by Richard, and he held his handgun in his hand.

"Mmm, why hello there." Joker blinked a bit as he looked at the drones. His eyes landed on Richard and then his smile appeared. "My, hello again Richard. Everyone loved you before we were so rudely interrupted. You didn't get to use the trapeze." Joker frowned before giggling. "You look like shit!"

"...." Slade's eye narrowed immensely. "Watch your tongue."

"I'm sorry. I didn't think you would mind. Considering you still want him as an apprentice?" Joker smirked. "The boy is probably still in shock over being torn away from home. The way his eyes scream confusion means he resents you Slade. He may be great full, but he will want his dear adopted dad to save him." Joker looked to Richard. "You want you be Robin. Not Renegade." Joker finished.

Slade looked to Richard and then to Joker and sighed. "I regret putting him through the shit I did. The training, he needed. But the abuse. No. I grew up that way. Hurt. And trained like a dog till I started to enjoy the damn shit. Now I'm a man with a heart of stone. Or so I thought. I see me within Richard. And I'll let him chose who he wants to be, as I hadn't been able to." Slade stated. "But. While we have you. Identity doesn't matter. Only our form of Justice. Bruce has one way. But to us, it isn't right. Our way, is an eye for an eye. No mercy." Slade growled as he had the drones back away from Joker.