Chapter 23

I wake up to the sun shining. The same old stupid sun I never get to fully see. I frown slowly sitting up to an empty room.

I walk up to my door to see Charlotte fast asleep in the office, her head resting on the desk.

"Charlotte!" Sam shouts waking her up. She jumps clutching her chest.

"What the hell!" She yells back. "I haven't slept all night because I had to do your shift! You are useless! If you aren't careful I'll tell my uncle."

"Take a chill pill. I had stuff to do."

"And by stuff you mean go clubbing."

"I did not."

"Then why do you stink of alcohol?" she places her hands on her hips looking extremely pissed.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry I didn't tell you before. It won't happen again."

"I hope it does so I don't have to see your face again." she spits leaving him dumbstruck and heading out to the corridor.

"Morning." I grin.

"Hey Beau." she replies cheerfully walking past towards the lift.

"Where are you going?"

"We've got another patient being brought in so I've got to go and bring them up." she explains not stopping. "We'll talk later. I promise." she smiles then disappears into the lift.

Charlotte's P.O.V

My head is banging, I haven't slept for ages and I just can't be bothered anymore.

Beau is the only reason I'm still working here. I do like him and I want to help him. If I can get him to be good then he can leave.

Aurora has decided to move in with a distant relative because she's been having family problems. I don't ask. I'm not that nosey.

The door lift opens and I'm greeted by an unappealing sight.

A familiar guy of about 20 is strapped to a wheelchair and well, I wouldn't say he looks very friendly.

As I approach them he starts aggressively attempting to break free, yelling profanities and screaming at the top of his lungs. I look to the other nurses who give me a sympathetic look. Surely he won't be too bad?

"He's all yours." the one says and they all back up leaving me alone with him.

"Hi. My name's Charlotte." I say as friendly as possible.

"When I get out I will slit your throat and leave you to bleed to death." he threatens. I swallow the lump in my throat, hide the fright and close the distance to push her into the lift.

I stay quiet and so does he. I wheel him into the room next to the office which is kind of opposite Beau's room.

"Sam? Can you take care of things here please?" I ask eagerly. This guy really frightens me.

Beau's P.O.V

My attention is brought back to the lift as the bell rings. I silently stand at my door partially hiding.

Charlotte wheels some guy up the hall and to the empty room more or less opposite mine.

She looks uncomfortable as she calls Sam to help.

"I'll read his file." she smiles weakly going into the office.

"Charl?" Sam calls a few minutes later.

"Yeah?"

"Beau needs his medication." he reminds her.

"Got it." she replies getting up and heading to a locked cabinet. She unlocks it taking out certain pills for me to take.