Chapter 5

Her words shot through me like a thousand needles. Why would they put her in there if she isn't a psycho?

I shouldn't have gone to see her last night, I have the day off today after what happened.

At least it's a Saturday I guess.

I texted my friends who all agreed for us to go down the beach today.

"Alright lads." I greeted as I approached them.

"Beau! Mate it's been too long!"

"Tell me about it."

I sat in the circle on the sand.

"So, we heard you almost died because you banged that girl in the psycho hospital."

"Yeah. She's dead though."

"What the fuck? Oh my god." my best friend of the group, James replied shocked.

"Yep. One of the psycho's slit her throat." I laughed nervously at the end. I'm a bit afraid to use that terminology. Anyone could be listening.

"Hey guys!" my brother Luke called over grabbing our attention. A small figure was walking behind him. "I've got a new friend." he beamed.

"Who?" Jai asked him, a hint of jealousy in his eyes. Those two are normally joint at the hip.

"Charlotte! Charlotte Mason." he grinned. My mouth dropped open with a loud pop.

"B-b-but-" I began to stutter.

"They let her! She isn't crazy! Well hasn't been for a while." he confirmed.

"And how can you be sure?" I asked him raising my eyebrow.

"She protected me from our dad for years, I trust her with my life." he told me calmly.

"Pft. Don't be so stupid." I scoffed. "protected you."

"No. You protected Jai and left me."

"Please don't argue because of me, I'm not worth it." Charlotte spoke quietly trying to cool the situation.

"You're right." I half smiled, she stared at me puzzled. "You aren't worth it." I spat.

"Beau!" Daniel yelled.

"What?" I quickly defended. She isn't.

"Stop being so mean. I doubt it's nice for her not being accepted."

"Oh do me a favour." I laughed.

"Beau, Aurora is the psycho, not me! If I was the psycho killer of my parents wouldn't you all be dead by now?" she asked. She looks cute when she tries to defend herself. Wait, what?

"Maybe you're plotting something." I quickly retaliated.

"Why would I have reason to? I just want to make friends."

"Well you won't find any here." I snarled. Why am I acting like this? I was so different to her when she was on the ward. Maybe it's because I had no choice but to be nice.

"Okay. Sorry for pestering you." she spoke sweetly but sadly. Instantly I felt guilty. She left and it was only when she was completely out of sight I felt myself being shoved. Losing my balance instantly I fell flat on my back.

"Hey!" I complained. "What was that for?"

"You know what for!" Luke frowned. "She was going to hook me up with someone too. Thanks bro."

"Sorry!" I chuckled although I know he's serious. "Where was she going to stay anyway?" I asked curiosity hitting me.

"Mum has made her a bed in the spare room because she likes and accepts her like me and Jai. You're just a judgemental prick."

"Thanks Luke. Real nice. As long as she stays out of my way we have no problems."

"Good, so that means you'll stay away from her too."

"She's the one that fancies me."

"I don't think she does anymore Beau."

"We'll see about that." I grinned at my younger sibling.

"I'm going to go and find her now! Jai are you coming?" Luke asked him.

"Um-"

"Or would you rather stay with me?" I smirked knowing who he'd pick.

"I'll stay with Beau actually." Jai told Luke awkwardly.

"Oh-uh okay! See you later then."

"Bye!" we both waved.

"Come on little brother, let's go home."

"And do what?"

"My mates are all coming over."

"Daniel and that were on the beach with us though?"

"Not those friends." his eyes widened in surprise.

"Mum will kill you! They aren't nice to her or me and Luke!"

"I can make them be nice to you." I reassured him.

"Okay then!"

We both headed towards the house, where Luke is I'll never know.

A/N I know it's short and rubbish but i didn't know what do write for this one! I haven't checked my grammar etc either so sorry if there are any mistakes:( But...JAMES FOLLOWED ME AND I'M SOOOOOOO HAPPY:) Haha! 

Vote and Comment! Charlie xx