Chapter 15

I feel my shoulder being nudged, I slowly open my eyes to a blinding light. A random woman is standing in front of me looking concerned.

"Are you okay sir? And the girl? I thought you might be dead." she says worriedly, her eyebrows furrowing together. Shit. We fell asleep on the bench. I look down at my lap to see Charlotte asleep with her head resting on me. I don't even remember how it happened?

"We're fine thanks, we had a camp out." I tell her. It's technically the truth.

"That's okay then. I was just checking since neither of you were moving."

"We're perfectly healthy thank you." I smile at her as Charlotte wakes up. She sits up and faces the woman.

"Good morning." she greets her.

"Oh, good morning love! Now that I can see you're both okay I'll leave you to it." she says then leaves.

"Have a lovely day." Charlotte calls after her as she waves back at us. She stands up and stretches. "My back is killing me." she frowns. It's fair to say this bench was not comfy to sleep on.

"Me too! And my neck."

"You did sleep sitting upright to be fair."

"Point taken, we'd better head off home." I tell her getting to my feet. "I have definitely missed my bed."

"I may have a bad back but it was more comfortable than the beds in the hospital." she laughs. "I was thinking and now I'm creeped out." her face falls looking panicky.

"What's that?"

"Aurora could've been the one to find us this morning, or she could've been watching us." I hear her gulp.

"But she didn't so for now everything is okay!" I reassure her even though I'm not fully certain myself.

"Can I just say, if she ever tries to hurt you I'll make her go through me first."

"I wouldn't want you too."

"But I would. Your life is more valuable than mine. You have a family, friends, a life. I don't."

"But by living with us you're going to have a life."

 "Until I go back." 

"You are not going back!" I instantly reply standing in front of her stopping her from walking.

"You don't know that. Nobody does until after my assessment." I notice tears fill her eyes. This must be so scary for her. I embrace her in a hug not letting go. I feel her arms hesitantly wrap around me but then she relaxes.

"If they make you stay I will break in and help you escape!" I chuckle trying to lighten the mood.

"Like prison break?" she smiles arching her neck to look up at me since we haven't let go of each other yet. To be honest I don't want to.

"Um, kind of I guess. We just have more hair." I wink causing her to laugh.

"I know our date was ruined, sort of, by Aurora being on the news and stuff and all the arguments in the house sucked but I really enjoyed myself last night, and this morning so far."

"Me too." I look down at her and slowly move my head forward. 

"Beau?" she interrupts as my lips almost touch hers.

"Uh yeah. Ahem, what?" I act all cool pretending like it didn't happen.

"We left the blanket and umbrella at the bench." she states.

"Oh shit! Yeah let's go." we let go of each other and jog back. Luckily for us they're still there. Charlotte holds the umbrella whilst I carry the blanket.

"By the way-" Charlotte says causing me to turn my head. As I do her lips connect with mine and almost straight away I brush my tongue against her bottom lip asking for entrance which she doesn't allow. My eyebrows furrow together in frustration as she pulls away. "You aren't getting that lucky yet." she smirks continuing to walk down the path home.

"Are you being serious?" I groan. I will be honest, that was perfect but being a guy I obviously wanted more than that.

"Deadly. And I will be your girlfriend if you want me to be." she simply shrugs holding my hand.

"Are you sure you want to be with me? I am the player of this town?"

"Are you sure you want to be with me? The killer psycho of this town?" she retorts.

"Touche." I chuckle. "It's a deal then, you're my psycho girlfriend." I grin. It soon disappears when I go falling into a bush. "What the hell?" I almost shout as Charlotte bursts out laughing on the floor.

"I pushed you! I am not your psycho girlfriend! Call me that and I'll end up being your worst nightmare!" she says seriously before laughing again. 

"Help me out of here? It's hurting my back." I ask pouting.

"No, now hurry up, I need a shower." and she skips off leaving me stuck. I soon climb out running after her.

When we get home I spot a note on the table, Charlotte heads straight upstairs to have a shower.

It reads:

Beau, Jai, Luke and Charlotte,

Me and Greg will be home at 6pm, make sure you're all there and if one of you reads this first text the others! We need to discuss and talk through everything. That includes living arrangements. I don't want any arguing so please, let's all be calm and grown up about it.

Mum.

I roll my eyes placing the note back down. I quickly text my brothers then head upstairs. I drop onto my bed and it is so nice to be back on it. What did my mum mean by living arrangements? I hope she isn't on about Charlotte or I will be arguing and fighting for her.

The bathroom door opens and Charlotte appears in just a towel which causes a smirk to play on my lips.

"Eyes on my face and tongue in your mouth please Beau." she says seriously but I hear the humour in her tone. She grabs clean clothes etc and disappears again to get changed. 

"I've got bad news." I shout.

"What's that?" she asks walking back into the room and diving onto the bed.

"My mum wants to "talk" with us later."

"Me and you?" her eyes widen. She hates confrontation.

"Us and my brothers."

"Do you know what it's about?" I can see her looking nervous.

"No idea, she did mention living arrangements but I'm not allowing her to kick you out. If you leave so do I." I promise and I mean it.

"Okay. Thank you." she smiles cuddling into me.

If my mum even thinks of sending Charlotte back I'm running away with her. No one will be able to find us and she'll be safe.

A/N sorry for the rubbish update, it's kind of a filler but Beau and Charlotte are together! Aw:') Vote&Comment! Charlie xx