Chapter 10

"I, um, I-" Charlotte looks at me for help but I really don't know what to say. What he said is totally out of order.

"So it is true then?" His eyes widen. Maybe this is a good thing. Might scare him off.

"Yeah, it is." She admits looking him straight in the eye, she doesn't look ashamed or upset but I feel her gripping onto my shirt.

"Gina, you didn't mention anything about this."

"Maybe because you're a prick." I hear Charlotte mutter under her breath. A laugh escapes from my lips uncontrollably drawing everyone's attention.

"What was that crazy girl?" He snaps. So this is the real him? Bad choice mum. Again.

"I said-" she begins gaining more confidence, "that you are a prick! A judgemental one at that." The twins nod in agreement at the statement.

"Charlotte!" My mum snaps.

"What?"

"Stop being so rude or you'll go straight back to the hospital right now!"

"You aren't my mother! He put me on the spot! How would you like it if you had been in there for years, bullied, pressured into even breathing then you finally get free of it and people are still holding it against you and getting all in your business! I am NOT a psycho but if you push my buttons I will seriously do some damage." And with that threat she leaves the house slamming the door behind her.

Dramatic but effective.

"Well that went well." He chuckles making us three boys frown. I tense up instantly. I hate this guy already. For some reason protective Beau is back. I feel like if anyone's going to hurt Charlotte it will be me and only me.

"Nice sarcasm." Jai replies sourly.

"Boys." our mum warns but I can't help but roll my eyes. "Beau!" she almost shouts.

"What? It isn't my fault your new boyfriend has given off an instant bad impression."

"Why don't we all sit down and eat food?" that's how she resolves the problem huh? Smooth mum.

"I'm going over my girlfriends." Luke says leaving swiftly.

"I'm going out with my mates." Jai adds following Luke.

It's just me and those two. My mum looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Sorry mum, I'm going to find Charlotte. She shouldn't be alone." I guess it's kind of true?

I jog out of the front door with Lala. She's a clever dog so will be able to find Charlotte. Well I hope so anyway.

She drags me along the pavement which isn't new. She loves going for walks to be fair.

After a 10 minute walk I find Charlotte sat on a swing in the local park. It was empty so that's probably why she's here.

I slowly approach her letting Lala off her lead, she runs straight to Charlotte jumping about excitedly.

I sit on the swing next to her.

"You okay?" I ask, stupid question I know but I don't really know what to say.

"Oh yeah. I just love kicking off when people piss me off. He'll never be better than me." she smirks. "Plus I've earned myself a boyfriend."

"You're going out with the hottest guy in town." I tell her smugly.

"Ooh he has a big ego too." she taunts playfully. "No but seriously, I'm so sorry for blurting that out! I just panicked but I expect he knows it's a lie now since he knows I'm crazy and living with you as a trial."

"How does he know that?"

"I don't know, I'm guessing he would since your mum is probably explaining "the whole story" to him. I am a high risk you know."

"I wouldn't worry about it, say, there's a party later. Wanna come?" I try to lighten the mood.

"I don't have any party clothes and I don't think anyone would want me there." she sighs looking at the floor.

"I do." I blurt out without realising. She looks at me and smiles sweetly.

"Okay I'll go. I can ask Lucy for something I guess."

"Lucy? The girl who works in the hospital?"

"Yeah. And also Luke's new girlfriend."

"Shut up!" I reply shocked. Well done Luke.

"Seriously, I'm not lying! They completely hit it off. I was well chuffed with myself."

"Good matchmaking." I congratulate her.

"Thanks. Shall we go now? I need to get ready." she holds her hand out to me.

"Sure." I take her hand and stand up after putting Lala back on her lead. "Let's go!" I practically drag her from the spot where she was stood but she soon gets used to my pace.

*********

Me and Luke sit in Lucy's living room waiting for the girls to finish getting ready. They've been taking ages, well over an hour so far.

"Hurry up you two!" Luke yells impatiently.

"We're coming down now!" Lucy replies sounding agitated.

About a minute later footsteps are heard on the stairs. We both stand up in unison and head towards the front door.

Lucy's wearing a simple turquoise skater dress with black high heels. Her hair is pulled up into a high ponytail with natural make up. She looks really pretty but I wouldn't say I'm attracted to her. I wouldn't let myself, she's Luke's girlfriend not mine.

My eyes move behind her to Charlotte. I hear Luke chuckle in my ear.

"What's so funny?" I mumble.

"Close your mouth Beau, you're catching flies." I ignore his comment.

She looks so different, her normally curly messy hair is straightened and left to fall down to her waist with a plain, black trilby hat on top.

With that she has a white laced, long sleeve crop top, black skater skirt and white heels. Lucy must've done her make up which looks natural. Perfect.

Luke and Lucy walk out and I hold my arm out, she links hers with mine and we follow after them. I notice her giggling quietly to herself.

"What?" I can feel myself going red.

"I feel like I'm in one of those princess movies or something." she smiles.

"You deserve to be treated like one." nice on Beau. Real smooth.

"I don't deserve anything." she frowns looking down at herself in disgust.

"Hey." I call. She looks back up at me with her innocent eyes.

"You deserve the best. What you've been through is awful and I'm going to make up all the days you were locked inside that place by taking you out and having fun."

"Out where?"

"Anywere, I'll take you to a carnival, to the cinema, bowling-"

"I've never been bowling before." she pouts.

"What the-you-you've never been bowling? Right, we're going bowling soon!" she laughs at my reaction.

After a peaceful ride in the car we reach the party.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Lucy asks Charlotte who is staring straight towards the house full of drunken teenagers.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Let's do this!"

A/N sorry for the silly cliffhanger! I'm shattered but I felt I needed to update since I haven't for a while! Vote&Comment. Charlie xx