Chapter 19

"Let me out now!" I shout. I don't feel psychotic so I don't want to be here.

"Calm down Beau. Just lie down, chill out and stop acting like an idiot!" Sam shouts back.

"Don't talk to him like that." I hear Charlotte hiss.

"What?" he replies innocently.

"Don't play stupid with me Sam. If I hear you speak to anyone like that again I'll make sure the boss hears about it." I walk to my door curiously and I can see them perfectly through the gap. She doesn't look happy at all.

"He won't care."

"Oh he will."

"What makes you think that?"

"I'm his niece, if I care he will too." her tone darkens as she looks up at Sam. Even though she's only around 5'2 and he's over 6 foot she still looks more authoritive and tough compared to him.

"What seems to be the problem here?" a voice booms up the hallway. Charlotte and Sam spin on their heels to face the person. Soon enough I can see him, it's the boss. Aka, Charlotte's uncle. Apparently.

"Charlotte doesn't like the way I treat the people in here."

"Charlotte?" her uncle raises his eyebrow.

"He's really rude towards them, we're supposed to help them not be horrible." she states rolling her eyes at Sam.

"I agree." Mr Mason sides with Charlotte.

"I personally think he should apologise to Beau." Charlotte adds. The boss looks at Sam then nods towards my door as I lean as far out to see as I can. Sam groans before walking over standing right in front of me.

"I'm sorry for being rude to you Beau. I do apologise and you aren't an idiot." I smirk at his reply. "Aren't you going to say something?" he looks irritated.

I shake my head keeping my mouth shut.

"He doesn't like you anymore." Charlotte laughs. I smile at her which she seems happy to return.

"Why is she even here boss? And her friend." Sam spits unimpressed by the newest additions to the staff.

"She needed a job so I gave her one and helped her friend out too. If you have a problem the lift is right over there." Mr Mason tells him rolling his eyes.

"I won't be going anywhere anytime soon boss." he retorts. Mr Mason leaves in the lift without another word leaving Charlotte and Sam in the corridor. "And as for you-" he starts standing right in front of her in an aggressive manner. "I'm going to make you and your friends life here a living hell, that's a promise from me to you. That starts now." he growls gripping her by the shirt and shoving her backwards. She stumbles then her back connects with the wall next to my door with a loud bang.

He laughs leaving to go down the stairs.

"Are you okay?" I ask when he's definitely gone. She pushes herself away from the wall groaning in pain.

"I'll be fine. I'm sure I'll have a lot worse working in here." she chuckles rubbing her back. There's one thing I've already worked out about her and that's, that she always looks for a positive even when there's so much negativity.

"Yeah maybe, just let me know if they do. I'll sort them out for you." 

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind." she grins walking into the office part. Minutes later she returns with my key. Well the key to my door anyway.

"Where am I-?" 

"You've got to go and see the doctor. If you don't want me to stay I won't but I'll sit in with you if you'd rather that." she explains opening my door slowly. I walk out and stand behind her as she closes the door locking it again.

"Hasn't your uncle ever told you not to take your eyes off a patient when they're out of their room?"

"You wouldn't run away." she states spinning on her heels to face me.

"I could kill you though."

"You wouldn't do that either." her reply is confident. She definitely isn't afraid of me.

"What makes you think that?"

"Well, I saved your ass from having Sam as a "carer" shall we say." we start walking towards the lift.

"Good point. Thanks for earlier too."

"Earlier?" she raises her eyebrow looking confused.

"When you told Sam off for being a dick." 

"Anytime." she pushes the button to the ground floor as we go silent. I stare at the door but Charlotte glances around clearly indicating she has a short attention span.

"Can I just say that you're fit." I blurt out and instantly regret. Oh how I hate myself right now. I notice her eyes widen slightly but then go back to normal.

"Thanks Beau but that's not a very appropriate thing to say." she clears her throat awkwardly after.

The lift bell dings and the door opens. I go quiet following her through the corridors etc.

"Hi Beau." the doctor greets as we walk in. I pause looking at Charlotte.

"Do you want me to stay?" she asks sweetly. I nod slightly and she gestures towards the two chairs in front of the desk. I sit down keeping my eyes on her. She takes her place next to me.

The doctor is kind of creepy. He's old and wears scientist looking clothes.

"How are we today then?" the doctor speaks up again. My eyes move to him.

"Fine." I reply bluntly.

"Just fine?" he attempts to get me to say a bit more.

"I would've said if I was more, or less than fine." I roll my eyes at him.

"Fair enough." he mumbles. "How has Beau seemed to you Miss Mason?"

"Charlotte." she corrects him. "And he's been fine. A bit irritated but I would be too if I was locked up in a room 24/7." a smile forms on my face, she's sticking up for me again?

"You think he needs more space and freedom?" 

"Yeah. I'd happily take him for a walk and things one or twice a day. It'd be my pleasure." 

"If that's what you think then so be it. Check with your uncle first but I think it'll be fine." Charlotte smiles at him but it looks fake then slowly gets up tapping my arm. I get up a lot quicker than she did and follow her out.

"What's up with you?" I smirk, her eyes look cold.

"I can't stand him." she spits pulling a disgusted face.

"Any particular reason?" I'm curious now.

"I'll tell you on our walk tomorrow." she finally says locking me back in my room. "See you tomorrow Beau."

"Bye Charlotte." I wave as she disappears. I think I can open up to her about everything. I feel I can trust her.

We'll see tomorrow I guess.

A/N sorry for a bad update I wasn't sure what to do tbh! Vote&Comment! They encourage me to write and update sooner:) Sorry if there are mistakes! Charlie xx