Chapter 9

I wake up and see Charlotte fast asleep on my chest. This is going to be a fun game between me and Jai.

Lucky for me I'm already winning.

My room is still quite dark so I reach for my phone and check the time, 1:30am. Really?

I slide from under Charlotte and go to grab a drink. I fill a glass with orange juice and head towards the stairs.

I see an unfamiliar shadow halfway up the stairs so I pause staying quiet. It looks like a female one.

"Charlotte?" I walk forward so I can see the stairs fully.

My eyes widen when I see Aurora. Before I can shout or even react something hurtles towards my head. I feel dazed for a minute then my body hits the floor. Darkness.

I feel myself coming back to conciousness and I feel a small weight on my chest. I open my eyes to find myself back in bed, a half empty glass of orange juice on the bed side table and Charlotte still asleep. What the?

"Wake up Charl!" I call softly shaking her slightly.

"Hmm?" her eyes open slowly and she blinks multiple times before adjusting to being awake.

"What just happened?" I question.

"You woke me up." she states frowning.

"No, I mean before that?"

"How should I know? Do I look psychic to you?"

"I could've sworn-" I pause remembering what happened.

"Sworn what? Are you okay, your head is cut and bleeding." she stands up and pulls me off the bed with her dragging me towards the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" I ask, my head is spinning and I feel her grip tighten around me for support.

"I'm going to clean your wound."

"Oh okay." she puts the toilet seat down and sits me on it.

"Sorry, you're too tall and I'm too tired to reach up." she half smiles as she grabs the first aid kit.

"It's fine. And I have a question, is Aurora out of prison?"

She pauses then continues grabbing the antiseptic cream etc. "I don't think she is. I doubt it. She did kill someone and even if she was out of prison she'd be back in the hospital. Why do you ask?"

"I-I could've sworn she was the one that hit me."

"You could be seeing things! Are you sure I'm the one who should be in a mental hospital?" she smirks trying to lighten the mood.

"I might've. But how does that explain this cut? I don't know or remember getting back into bed."

Her eyebrows furrow together in concentration. I jump as she puts some of that stupid stinging cream on my head. 

"Sorry. It's going to sting, I forgot to say."

"I know. I've been in a lot of fights, it just took me off guard  because we were talking."

"I should've pre warned you I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it, I've had a lot worse." 

"Like what?" she genuinely sounds curious even though it's 3am.

"Uh well, you could say a lot of people are afraid of my friends and I. We aren't in a gang or anything but if you piss us off we'll make sure you know."