Chapter 8

Luke's P.O.V

I woke up and glanced over at the time. 5am. Why on earth have I woken up this early?

I notice Charlotte isn't asleep next to me, I let her stay with me since she's more comfortable with me.

I sit up and slowly rub my eyes adjusting to the light, it's pretty bright for 5am.

I spot her sat on my windowsill seat.

"Hey." I mumble sleepily. She turns her head and gives me a bright smile.

"Morning."

"What are you doing up?"

"At the hospital they always woke us up at 4am for breakfast so I'm used to being awake at this time now." she sighs.

"You've been awake for an hour all by yourself?"

"Yes." she replies staring out of the window.

"You should've woke me" I state feeling bad.

"You looked peaceful, I didn't want to wake you. Especially if you aren't used to being awake at this time."

"Why don't you try and go back to sleep?" I ask, she looks exhausted still.

"That's a kind suggestion but I won't be able to fall back asleep, may I have the house key so I can go for a run?"

"Sure, mine's next to the tv by there, take Lala if you want. It'll save me doing it."

"Okay." she smiles. "Thanks Luke, go back to sleep!" she gives me a hug and quietly exits the room. I can't believe she's dressed already.

******

Beau's P.O.V

My alarm went off at 5am like usual. I normally go for a run at this time to wake me up.

I change into joggers and a vest, grab my key, phone, headphones and snapback then set off quietly so I don't wake anyone up.

I take my usual route, down the street, through the park, past the beach etc. I decide to run a bit faster than normal and as I turn a sharp corner I collide with something causing me to land on top of them. Ouch.

I look down to see Charlotte staring wide eyed at me. Lala starts barking until she realises it's me. What a protective dog.

"S-s-sorry." Charlotte stutters from beneath me.

"It's okay, it was my fault." I half smile.

"Um, Beau?" she looks very uncomfortable.

"Yeah?"

"Please can you get off me, it looks and feels weird."

A smirk appears on my face as I get off and help her up.

"Where are you headed?" I ask, curiosity getting the better of me.

"I don't know exactly." her puzzled expression says it all.

"Well you can run with me then we'll go back and get breakfast yeah?" I suggest.

"But I'm pretty sure you don't like me."

"Now's the chance to change my mind." I give her a friendly grin but she just laughs nervously.

"Okay then, why not. Can you do me a favour?"

"Depends what the favour is." I smirk.

"Please carry me, I'm exhausted."

"Come on then midge." She rolls her eyes at me and a laugh escapes my lips.