Chapter 11

I feel Charlotte's hand grip onto mine as we near the front door. The music is so loud I can't even hear myself think, I love these type of parties.

I flash her a smile and lead her through the house straight towards the drinks. Luke and Lucy disappeared to go off with their friends.

"Drink?" I ask.

"What?" she yells looking clueless as to what I've just said.

"DO. YOU. WANT. A. DRINK?" I shout as loud as possible.

"Oh! Yes please." 

I hand her a red cup with vodka and coke inside. She takes a sip and smiles at me looking thankful, at least I think she does. I'm guessing she's sick of shouting all the time.

"Will you be okay on your own?" I see my friends in a group in the corner and it'd be best if they don't see me being nice to her.

"I-um-" 

"Good." I interrupt and quickly walk off leaving her alone. Maybe it's a bad idea but I'll step in if anything bad happens. "Alright lads!" I greet them taking a seat.

"Beau buddy! Who brought the freak?" they smirk clearly not afraid anymore.

"I don't know, probably Luke and his girl." I reply.

"Ah. Fair enough. Well she's got company." Kevin smirks. All eyes move back to Charlotte and there she is, talking to some hot shot from another school. I think his name is Cameron? I could be wrong. She's laughing. She's laughing with someone else. Him.

I feel myself tense up and get angry at the sight but I keep my face expressionless. 

Cameron offers his hand to her and she willingly takes it with a grin on her face. That happened with me earlier. He walks her over to his friends who all give her a warm welcome, all smiles, handshakes and quick hugs. That should be me doing that. Same my friends are a bunch of bulllies.

"Beau? Beau!" Kevin shouts breaking me from my thoughts.

"What?" I snap.

"Oooh, see boys! I said he fancied her!" he mocks making me feel even more angry.

"I do not! I've-I've got to look out for her that's all. My mum will go nuts otherwise." that's a lie since Charlotte's in my mum's bad books but still. It's sort of true.

The boys ignore my excuses and go back to rating all the girls in the room. My attention goes back to Cameron and Charlotte who've been left alone together. I slyly stand out of sight but in ear shot.

Okay I admit I am jealous! Don't judge me.

I go quiet, straining my ears to hear their conversation.

"I don't know why you're talking to me." she tells him, through a gap I see her face fall.

"And why wouldn't I? You're beautiful and funny-"

"You're missing the point. I'm still a psycho to a lot of people, you don't want your reputation ruined by someone like me." 

"You are the most genuine girl I've ever met. Don't let other people put you down and make you feel worthless! I would never believe someone if they told me you were a killer." blah, blah, blah. Prick.

"I live with Beau and the twins. Beau is embarrassed of me but the other two have been really nice." I feel sick at the thought of her thinking I don't like her. This situation is so bipolar.

"Why would you think he's embarrassed of you?" is he trying to make me sound like a better person?

"Well he brought me here then ditched me and went to his friends. It's obvious he doesn't want to be seen with me." she sighs, I think. It's hard to hear but it looked like she did.

"I'm sure there are a lot of people who would be glad to be seen with you. Like me." I see him smile at her with affection in his eyes.

"Really?" her eyes light up. I notice him start to lean in for a kiss. I panic. I don't want him to kiss her. No way.

 Without even thinking it through I push the nearest person to me straight into them and they all fall to the floor in a heap. My plan worked!

 My eyes widen in panic when I realise who it was I pushed over. It was Kevin. Shit.

I rush over and help him up, then Charlotte but I leave Cameron on the floor to help himself up. Childish  I know but she's mine! Still, childish. Moving on!

"Are you okay?" I ask Charlotte who looks completely shocked.

"Yeah I'm fine, it was just one minute I'm stood there talking then the next I'm slammed onto my back on the floor by one of your friends."

"Does your back hurt?" I ask worriedly. I hope I haven't damaged her in any way. Mentally or physically of course.

"A bit, is it bruised?" she asks turning around, I quickly check to see it is, and quite badly too.

"It is. Do you want to go home?" hopefully she does. 

"I'll walk. I don't want to ruin your night." 

"Don't be silly, I'll only end up in a fight so I'll drive you back." I insist lightly grabbing her arm and steering her towards the door ignoring Kevin calling my name.

We get outside and head towards the car.

"Um Beau?" Charlotte says awkwardly stopping in her tracks.

"Yeah? What's up?"

"Your wheel is clamped." she bites her lip probably to hold in a laugh as she points towards the wheel of my car. For god's sake.

"I guess we're walking then." she groans in reply but follows after me.

"How long will it take?" she complains.

"About an hour considering the pace you're walking." I state rolling my eyes at her.

"Do you wanna sing a song?" she asks grinning like some kind of cheshire cat.

"No." I reply bluntly carrying on walking but smirking at the irritable look on her face.

"Fine. Do you wanna play the question game thing?" I look at her with an eyebrow raised.

"What?" 

"The question game. Me and Cameron were playing it until, well, your friend squashed us when he fell."

"Okay then. Who's going to ask the first question?" because she's a girl I expect it'll be me.

"Ooh I will, okay, why are you such a prick towards me sometimes but then really nice other times like now?" I stumble a bit in surprise of the question. Especially on how blunt and straight forward it was.

"I don't act like that around you." I try to lie but it's like she can see right through me.

"Yes you do and you know it. Your brothers told me you've never acted like this around a girl before so what's so different about me?" she stops in her tracks and puts her hands on her hips looking at me impatiently.

"I can't explain it okay. It's complicated and I can't ruin my reputation." I look to the ground instantly ashamed of what I'd said. The reason I wasn't letting myself properly fall for her was because of other people's opinions of her. Smooth Beau. Real smooth. I am a horrible person.

"Should I take it that you like me but you don't want to be with me because of everyone else?" I nod keeping my eyes locked on the floor. I feel awful, I look up slightly to see the hurt in her eyes as she stares into space. "You know-" she starts, "It'd be nice to be accepted for once." she tells me and walks off leaving me alone in the street.

A/N sorry for such a late update, I've been working on my other fanfic since it's near the end! Vote&Comment! Charlie xx