Chapter 7

We all froze in our seats staring at the innocent face that stood before us.

"You did kill your parents." Kevin told her in a matter of fact tone, he's the leader when I'm not around.

"I did not. Now tell me, Kevin-" she spat his name as if it was worthless, well. "How many things have you done wrong? Actually what things have you done wrong?" her eyes were glued on him taking in everyone expression he pulled.

"I-I've done my fair share of bad things." he replies nervously, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. She knows something.

"But you actually did those things right? Do you remember Patricia?" 

"I did yes. And Patricia? As in Patricia Evans?"

"Her. You're the reason she died." she announced straight faced. What?

"You are joking right?" he asks her cautiously.

"No. You raped her, she got depressed, her parents sent her to the "mental hospital" and then she commited suicide. Well done you." 

"I had no idea." regret became evident in Kevin's expression. His eyes dropped and stayed staring at the floor.

"Yeah, so who's the murderer now?" her scowl made it difficult to keep eye contact or even look up at her.

"I didn't actually kill her though, I was just there and bullied her you know?" now he's trying to cover up what he did? Maybe the twins are right, he is a jerk.

"And there we have it gents-" she smirked. "Kevin, you are in the exact situation I've been in for a few years now. People pushing you, telling you it was you who killed them when really you were just around. Or just "there" as you put it."

"I never believed what anyone said about you." Jack, one of the quieter lads admitted, he gave her a weak smile which she returned without fail.

"Thank you..." her eyebrow raised.

"Jack."

"Thank you Jack. I appreciate it." 

"Hold on a second!" Kevin roars making us all jump any regret he felt before had just disappeared. I notice Charlotte doesn't even flinch, she rolls her eyes and turns her head to face him.

"What?" she spat. "I was having a conversation then."

"Where's Luke! What have you done to him you psycho bitch!?" he growls.

"He's fine. Why would I hurt one of my best friends when there's a load of assholes, minus about 3 in the living room?" she tells him.

"So you're going to kill us?" I question butting into their argument.

"Of course not. I've just come to give you a warning." she smiles. "Keep out of my way, don't bully me, in fact don't even think about me or I will become a murderer."

Everyone nods in unison except Kevin who's trying to still act tough. For goodness sake.

"No chance princess."

"I could always bail my lovely friend Aurora out of jail, would you like to meet her?" her geniuine smile turns into an evil one in seconds.

"Who's Aurora?" Kevin asks me instead of her.

"Ahem, she's the one that, um, killed the girl I got it on with." I reply awkwardly. Now is time for me to properly step in.

"The one who slit the girls throat you mean?" his eyes are wide with panic and fright.

"Yep. And Charlotte here was on the same floor so she's capable of anything." I'm sticking up for her now? Okay then.

"B-but you said she was harmless." 

"I lied." I whisper to creep them out. "What happens in work stays in work right?" I wink at Charlotte who smirks in reply.

"We'd better be going then." Kevin gets to his feet and leaves slowly followed by the rest of the boys except for Jai and Jack. Luke appears from the darkness and sits with us.

"Thanks for sticking up for me Beau." I notice that her cheeks are pink, they were never like that in the hospital. Maybe being away from it and back in reality is doing her some good. What am I saying?

"Don't mention it." she grins at my reply. "No really. Don't mention it. Everyone thinks you're crazy, I can't be sticking up for you." her face falls instantly.

 "Can I borrow someone's phone?" her innocent voice returns.

"Here's mine." Luke eyes her suspiciously as he passes the phone over. "What are you doing?"

"Phoning the hospital, duh! What else?" 

"Why? You can't go back!"

"Well if I can't stay here without being put down all the time I may as well take the daily abuse there since I'm used to it."

She leaves the room with the phone.

"Aw Beau!" Luke complains. "Please don't just sit there! You're the only one who can make her stay! I swear I'll keep her out of your way!" I shook my head. "Please, please, please! She's the only one who understands me!"

"No Luke. Drop it." I threaten.

"Fine. I'm going to phone mom."

"Don't you dare Luke!" I yell as he runs out of the room.

I sigh and walk to the window. I spot Charlotte sat on the step outside the front door, just staring at the phone.

Why am I being so horrible towards her?

Because you like her.

Oh shut up.

I need to stop arguing with my mind.

"Beau?" Jai calls warily.

"Yeah?"

"Don't make her leave." he made his head turn to the side slightly when I went quiet. "Please." he pleads, his eyes widening in hope.

"Ugh, okay! Okay!" he smiled happily to himself realising he'd beaten me.

I left the room and as quietly as possible opened the front door. I stepped out and slowly lowered myself to sit next to her. She started sniffling and wiping her eyes when she realised it was me.

"Don't go." I told her putting as much emotion into my voice as possible. "Ring them back and say it was a mistake."

"I didn't call them." 

"What? Why?"

"I don't know their number. I phoned for a taxi instead." I could see the humour in her eyes although sadness is still seeping through.

"Cancel it." I reply bluntly.

"But you don't want me here." her eyes still look glassy from where she'd been crying.

"I don't know what I want yet. Just stay. For Luke and Jai."

"Okay. For Luke and Jai, and your mum." she agreed and lifted herself off the floor. She offered me her hand which I took, pulling myself up I towered over her. 

She lifted her head back to look at me. A chuckle escaped my lips at how small she is. She poked her tongue out and walked back into the house. I follow close behind as she returns Luke's phone to him.

"Luke, how were you going to ring mum if Charlotte had your phone?" I suddenly realise.

"It was a bluff Beau. But thanks for letting her stay." he grins widely.

I roll my eyes at him which starts Charlotte off in some kind of giggle fit. Seeing how happy she is or could be makes me glad the boys changed my mind.