Chapter 17

Charlotte left an hour ago and I miss her already. She was great company to have even if on occasions she irritates me. She is my girlfriend after all.

My mum's phone starts ringing breaking the silence.

"Hello."

"Speaking."

"I see."

"No, he's still here with me."

"I understand. Thank you. See you soon." And she hangs up.

Luke and Jai stare at each other confused but I keep my eyes on my mum.

"What's happened?" Greg asks.

"Aurora saved Charlotte. She got her out of the van and they took off."

"Where are they now?" I butt in.

"The police were hoping you could help them with that." She gulps.

"How should I know! Wait. I think I know where they'll be!" I announce grabbing my keys for the car.

"We're coming with you!" The twins say jogging after me. I don't try and stop them. It could be dangerous though.

I start driving ignoring my mum's, "don't be so stupid" pleas. The twins don't help the situation by grinning and waving at her and Greg. Oh god.

If I'm thinking correctly they'll be at Charlotte's old house. That's where it all happened. I know Aurora won't hurt her but maybe they're going back to face the past.

They haven't been there for years since they haven't had the chance.

30 minutes and we are here. I slowly get out of the car not making too much noise.

"How do you know this is the right place?" The twins ask.

"A while back she took me past here. She couldn't pluck up the courage to go inside." I admit as we head up towards the door.

No one has lived here since the murder, who would want to? I'm sure we've all seen American Horror Story.

I think Charlotte's old things are still here. As far as I know no one cleared the house out. Disrespectful if you ask me.

The door is slightly open so I just edge in discreetly followed by my brothers. I find them both sat at the bottom of the stairs talking quietly.

Luke awkwardly clears his throat grabbing their attention.

Aurora automatically jumps to her feet, knife out all defensive. The three of us throw our hands up straight away backing up.

"Aurora don't! This is Beau remember? And these are his brothers." Charlotte explains running to stand in between us.

"So they won't separate us?" Her eyes are wide.

"No, not at all. They are the good guys." Charlotte tells her reassuringly.

"Okay." She smiles at all of us putting the knife back on the side.

I release the breath I didn't realise I was holding as I give Charlotte a hug.

"Are you okay?" I whisper.

"I'm fine. I needed to do this."

"I know. I'm proud of you."

She pulls out of the hug walking into the kitchen. I follow her in there to find a blood stain on the floor still where no one came to clean it.

"Is that?-"