Chapter 16

The clock hits 6pm and I feel nervous. The four of us have squashed onto one settee as moral support for each other.

I hold Charlotte's hand and right on cue my mum and Greg walk in. I don't even look at her, I keep my head down.

"Hi everyone!" She says awkwardly. The twins nod but Charlotte stays as still as humanly possible. She's worried I think.

"Can we just get on with this please." Luke snaps. Oh how we all love his short temper.

"Right okay, well for a start, there's no easy way of saying this but Greg is moving in. I don't care what you think of him, I love him." I notice Charlotte tense up and looking worried. Does she know something about him? "Also, I think it's time Charlotte leaves now. You're becoming too much to handle and people are talking, it doesn't look good on me or my families reputation."

"Thanks a lot Gina. I'll see you in hell!" Charlotte spits getting to her feet and rushing upstairs. I go to follow but my mum stops me.

"No Beau! Leave her be. They're picking her up in half an hour."

"Who are!?" I almost shout in her face.

"The hospital of course."

"Mum she doesn't need to go back!"

"Yes she does! Did she tell you what happened last night?"

"Gina don't!" Greg warns her.

"What're you talking about?"

"Because of all the "hassle" Greg caused she threatened to kill him." I frown slightly in disbelief and wait for my mum to continue. "I see you aren't taking this seriously, she grabbed a knife Beau."

"She's telling the truth." Charlotte stands in the doorway looking guilty. "You didn't think she'd actually kick me out for helping her son?" She looks at me looking sad and I can see she regrets it although she can't help it.

"I don't care what she did. We're together now." And then the door knocks. Greg stands up and rushes towards the door before Charlotte can even attempt to run.

"She's in here." He says returning with two large men in hospital clothes. I need to get a job back there.

"Come on it's time to go sweety." they say softly taking her arm gently.

"I will never forgive you for this." she says sadly to my mum.

They take her out and put her in the back of a white van and drive off. I didn't even get to say goodbye. Once the van is out of sight I walk back in slumping down on the settee next to my brothers. They both look as angry as I feel.

"You know, if you hadn't of phoned them I would've been running away with her. You would have never seen me again." I say casually although there's clear acid in my tone. 

"This way I still have my three favourite boys."

"Yeah right." I mumble getting up to go to my room.

"And where do you think you are going?" Greg asks, I ignore him and make sure I slam my door behind me. Ever since my mum has got with him she's being so cold and mean.

********

"Beau food!" Luke shouts up the stairs. I groan loudly but still get up. I'm upset and starving. Not a good mix.

I sit away from my mum and Greg right in the middle of the twins. I eat my food in complete silence blocking out my mum's "chit chat". 

The doorbell rings and everyone's heads shoot up. We weren't expecting company tonight.

My mum gets up and we all follow. The door opens to reveal nobody. A note it attached to the door which I grab and walk back into the dining room.

I open it up to unrecognisable handwriting.

"What does it say?" my mum asks eagerly as everyone leans forwards.

"It says, "Dear Beau and family, I couldn't help noticing Charlotte being taken away again today. This has not made me very happy so I will therefore be visiting you very soon. She deserves a happy life. I know the twins had nothing to do with it but Beau has taken her away from me. Don't call the police, I will arrive this time tomorrow. Have a nice night. Aurora Lovejoy." and that's it." the fright on everyone's faces are indescribable.

"W-we should, you should, I-" my mum starts babbling.

"I will go to the hospital and speak to Charlotte." I tell her. "She'll tell me or us what to do. Earlier she promised that if Aurora tried to hurt me she'd have to go through her first."

"Well get down the hospital now!" she encourages getting impatient.

"I can't remember, you got her sent back which means she has an hour assessment then no one can visit for 24 hours."

"Try and get your job back stupid!" Greg almost shouts causing an evil glare from me. Prick.

"Fine and when I come back you had better be gone! You aren't my dad not that he was anything special and you definitely won't make up for us not having one." I snap heading towards the door.

*****

"So you're telling me you want your job back?" my ex boss asks rubbing his hands together.

"Yeah, it was all a big mistake which I promise will not happen again! I need the money." I lie but I can't exactly say, "hey, can I have my job back so I can see my psycho girlfriend so she can stop another psycho from killing me and my family.".

"Okay then."

"O-okay? You're taking me back?"

"Yep. You can start now if you like? We're short staffed as you can probably guess, one death and one, aka you, got fired." he reminds me.

"I know. Yeah sure. Thanks." I say getting off my seat. I leave his office and go towards the lift. I press the button for the eighteenth floor.

The doors open and I'm instantly reminded of the familiar walls and rooms etc. A place of hell is in front of me and I'm not letting Charlotte stay here.

She deserves better than this.

A/N I'm sorry for the rubbish update and I haven't checked for mistakes so apologies if there are! Vote&Comment! Charlie xx