•8•

—————————| The Brink of Death |—————————

—————————
| The Brink of Death |
—————————

"Well, you can call it whatever you want, but I prefer to call it a secret underground hideout," Hoseok said, wiggling his fingers to sell the title even more before getting off the couch. "That's a stupidly long title, Hoseok, and we're not calling it that," Jimin says to Hoseok as he sits down in one of the black spinning chairs around the conference table. Jungkook rolls his eyes at the bickering blonde and the redhead.

They don't get along very well; it looks like. He turns his attention around the room, seeing a row of shelves with boxes filled with files and some artifacts. In the other corner of the room was another t.v mounted on the dark stoned wall, but it was more significant than any different undersized TV mount on the wall.

The big screen displayed the South Korea Central News, making Jungkook frown at the topic's headline. There has been another killing and kidnapping, and the police are still struggling to find the culprit.

People are so cruel these days, hurting innocent people for their gain or pure evil doings, and for what? It will not help them get what they want or succeed in the long run. So there's no reason for it. Unless there was a motive behind it all? But who would go to such lengths to cause trouble and harm others? Jungkook would never understand it.

Namjoon snaps his fingers in front of Jungkook's face to snap him out of his thoughts. "Focus up, will you? We found something, and we want you to listen in on it." He led Jungkook to a conference table equipped with state-of-the-art technology. The smooth blue pixels hovered in the air, creating an image that appeared almost magical.

Jungkook was in awe of the conference table, the holographic globe, and the mini informational tabs floating around it. He felt as if he was in the same world as Iron Man, surrounded by advanced technology.

"How did you get this type of software?" Jungkook queried Namjoon, intrigued by the mesmerizing holographic. He gingerly runs his fingers over the blue hologram in front of him, watching the pixels dismember and spin around before assembling its pieces back together. He did it again and again and again. "Will you stop that?" He sees Jin seated in one of the black leather chairs next to Jimin, jotting down notes while looking at a screen.

Jungkook smiles apologetically before taking a step back from the holographic tech, his body language indicating his deference to those around him.

As Taehyung approached, he placed a reassuring hand on Jungkook's shoulder. The touch was gentle, but firm enough to guide Jungkook to one of the many black whirling chairs nearby. Jungkook complied, sinking into the seat as if it offered some small comfort amidst the tension in the room.

Once Jungkook was seated, Taehyung took a seat beside him. The two men sat in silence for a moment, their eyes fixed on the holographic display hovering in the air before them. Namjoon stood at the long end of the conference table, waiting for the others to all sit down before he started speaking. "Jin, could you bring up the camera footage you found?" Everyone watched Jin search for the footage, and Jungkook laughed to himself.