•24•

————| Trapped |————

————
| Trapped |
————

"Sir," A bodyguard wearing sunglasses standing by the door calls out, getting the man with a tidy green suit and dark brown hair his undivided attention. The man at the head of the table swivels in his chair to face the bodyguard with an annoyed look. He was about to talk business, but the guard had to run his mouth. "What?" He seethed, glaring.

"The Boss has arrived." The bodyguard said, bowing apologetically, making the man jerk upright in his chair with an anxious expression. Sudden mumbling around the table is heard as the people speak amongst themselves, worried. "What do you mean the Boss has arrived?!" The man's voice was urgent as he stood up and looked at his colleagues surrounding the table. The Boss would never attend meetings unless it's critical to his workings.

The boss not warning them of his arrival was the most concerning part, which had everyone shaking senselessly. Sweat forms on the man's forehead as he swallows the thick nervous lump in his throat. "Why is he–" The room was silent as the boss walked in, his face contorted in a menacing scowl. His reputation preceded him - everyone knew that he was a ruthless and violent man, capable of anything.

The boss tightens his lips into a thin line and makes a face of disgust, almost as if he tasted something foul. The tension in the room was palpable. No one dared to speak or even make eye contact with the boss. They all knew that one wrong move could mean their life.

The boss snaps his fingers, making the people jump at the sudden gesture. The guard by the door hastily walks to the taller man's side, bringing out a box of cigarettes. Everyone watched the boss as he took a single cigarette out of the pack and handed the rest back to the guard without acknowledging him. He places one end of the cigarette between his plush lips before pulling a lighter from his black trench coat.

Even through the trench coat, his muscular build did not go unnoticed. The tightness of his buttoned-down suit underneath the trench coat brought out the defined frame of the Boss's body. His slicked black hair was pulled up in a man bun displaying his attractive face. His broad jawline was sharp, complimenting the black and grey stubble of a beard.

Despite being old, any woman who laid eyes on him would be willing to strip naked and have a one-night stand with him. Looks and money aside, the boss had a charming personality that everyone loved, but people close to him knew it was a facade. The boss was ruthless and terrifying, and his looks were deceiving.

A small flame danced as the boss lit the cigarette bud, soon letting his gaze fall to the ceiling, taking a deep breath before letting the smoke fall from his mouth. The smoke lifted into the air disappearing once it hit the top.

The no smoking policy in the building was only a suggestion in the boss's eyes. Everyone watched their boss take another hit of his cigarette. His presence in the room like no one else was in there made everyone feel crushable. The boss never cared for his employees or what they wanted.