•34•

—————————————| Jungkook's Stepbrother |————————————

—————————————
| Jungkook's Stepbrother |
————————————

The boys enter the mansion with most of the mansion still intact after the ambush a while back, but some significant damage is still done to the well-built estate. They walked through the mansion, taking in the place. They would have to rebuild this mansion, for it was Taehyung's favorite one he owned.

As the boys cautiously stepped inside the grand mansion, a sense of awe washed over them. Despite the tumultuous ambush that occurred some time ago, the majority of the mansion remained remarkably intact. However, upon closer inspection, the remnants of significant damage were scattered throughout the once-impeccable walls and opulent furnishings.

With a sadness etched across their faces, they traversed the spacious rooms, their footsteps echoing softly in the air. The sun's golden rays delicately pierced through the partially shattered stained glass windows, casting a vibrant kaleidoscope of colors on the marble floors.

Taehyung, with a heavy heart, gazed upon the remnants of his favorite abode, knowing that it would require immense effort and dedication to restore its former glory.

Jungkook hesitated for a moment, his gaze fixed upon the shattered remnants of a once-pristine picture frame strewn across the cold, unforgiving floor. His voice carried the weight of sympathy as he finally broke the silence, "I'm sorry about your house."

Taehyung's eyes mirrored exhaustion and acceptance as he turned to face Jungkook. "It's fine," he replied, the tenor of his voice tinged with a gentle resolve. "I can always fix it, but truth be told, there are other priorities that deserve my attention and resources."

With a flicker of defiance, Taehyung lifted his foot, delivering a swift kick to a stray shard of glass that had been carelessly scattered on their path. The piece skittered away, finding its final resting place off the walkway, creating a slight disturbance in the otherwise solemn atmosphere.

They ascended the staircase and proceeded down the lengthy hallways until they reached Namjoon's room, which appeared to be undisturbed. Letting out a collective sigh of relief, they entered the closet, and Namjoon began pushing aside the numerous articles of clothing that filled the space. Jungkook still pondered the mystery of the painting's subject, but he sensed that now wasn't the ideal moment to seek answers.

Namjoon ran his fingers along the image, eventually discovering the concealed, blended button, which he pressed with a satisfying click.

As the walls of the closet parted, revealing the concealed elevator, Hoseok voiced his relief, saying, "At least they didn't discover this." He took the initiative and stepped into the elevator, with the rest of the group following closely behind.

The boys wait patiently as the elevator descends underground until it reveals the secret underground room. Jin briskly walks over and sits in the spinning chair and taps the table turning on the holographic and TVs all around. "So you said we need to find your stepbrother?" Hoseok asks, sitting next to Jin, typing away on the holographic keyboard.