•4•

————————| Terms & Conditions |————————

————————
| Terms & Conditions |
————————

"What on earth did you do?" Taehyung finally asked, strolling beside Jungkook as they walked down the sidewalk. They could hear faint police sirens rushing towards their location, but they were far away, enough now not to look suspicious. In another way, he didn't want anyone to see him walking with Kim Taehyung either, but if he were to accept this job, he would most likely be front and center with the billionaire boys.

Jungkook hadn't thought about that. He would be in front of watching eyes and have to be more cautious and mindful of his actions when he was in front of flashing cameras. He knew one screw-up that would make Taehyung or his friends look bad would end his career sooner than later, and he didn't want to experience that. He shivers slightly at the thought of not just witnessing one pair of glaring eyes but six more of them looking down on him in utter disappointment.

Why did he care so much about what they would think of him? He never cared about pleasing the public eye before, so why did he fathom the thought of taking into consideration creating a fake facade? No. He wasn't going to be something he was not in front of the people of South Korea.

"It's called self-defense." Jungkook starts, still letting his focus be on the paved sidewalk he walked on. The aching sore feeling of his muscles slowly faded away but was still there. "You should try it sometime." He added, turning his head slightly to glance at the person next to him.

Taehyung gritted his teeth, feeling his jaw clench tightly as he fought to keep his emotions in check. He knew that he shouldn't let the younger's snarky comment get to him, but it was easier said than done. He could feel his blood boiling with anger, and it took all his willpower not to lash out at the boy.

Rolling his eyes in frustration, Taehyung tried to ignore the comment as if it didn't affect him. He focused his attention on his surroundings, taking in the sights of the quiet city street.

As they walked, the cool night breeze washed over them, providing a much-needed reprieve from the heat of the day and the intense use of his powers. Jungkook found the peace and quiet of the night to be a welcome change after such an overwhelming day, and couldn't help but feel grateful for Taehyung's company.

Until, the comfortable silence was then interrupted by Taehyung, making Jungkook want to cry out to him to keep his mouth shut for a couple of more minutes, but he let Taehyung run his mouth. "So, poverty boy, are you going to take the offer or not," Taehyung questioned him. The teasing in his tone did not go unnoticed as he saw the smug smirk on Taehyung's face. He wanted to slap it off.

Jungkook stopped walking, and Taehyung stopped alongside him, waiting for an answer. The younger man looked down at his shoes for a moment before looking back up at Taehyung, his expression unreadable. Finally, Jungkook spoke, his voice steady and matter-of-fact. "I'll do it. I'll help you, but only for the money. Nothing more, nothing less."

Jungkook ignores the giant smirk that formed across Taehyung's face as he continued to walk on, his mind already beginning to wander to the comfort of his own bed. He had had a long day, and all he wanted was to curl up under the covers and fall asleep.

But before he could make it home, Taehyung's voice stopped him in his tracks. "What's your name, kid?" "Jungkook. Now tell me, when do I start the new job?" Jungkook asks, irritated, wanting it to be quiet.

Taehyung raises an amused eyebrow. "Straight to the point. I like that. Well, Jungkook, you start working tomorrow morning, and you will meet me at my work in my office around 9 am." Taehyung said more about what you are going to do than what you can do, no questions asked. He didn't have to specify his workplace because everyone knew where it was even without trying.

Jungkook nodded reluctantly, taking in the information. He couldn't deny that the money would come in handy. But before he could say anything, Taehyung spoke again, and the words had Jungkook quickly spinning around in astonishment.

"Also, from now on, you will be living with my me and my friends." Jungkook didn't even bother trying to hide the repulsive facial expression he made.

Jungkook's eyes widened in disbelief as Taehyung made his proposal. He had expected the job to involve some shady business, but the idea of living with Taehyung and his friends was beyond anything he could have imagined.

Taehyung had officially lost his goddamn mind if he thought Jungkook would be willing to live in a house with him and his bitch of friends. He would rather suck a random stranger's fucking toes than step foot into Taehyung's home. "I'd rather die or kiss my brother than live with you," Jungkook said flat out, his voice devoid of any emotion.

Taehyung's smirk faltered, replaced by a look of surprise and anger. He would rather kiss his brother? Damn, Jungkook must hate him so much that he would do something like that, Taehyung thought, making him want to laugh, but he continued unfazed by Jungkook.

"Then die. I honestly couldn't care less about your poor, broken fam-" Taehyung quickly stops talking and stepped back when Jungkook's originally brown eyes were now turning into a darker blue, and Taehyung could feel the electricity starting to spark around him.

He quickly stopped talking and stepped back, eyeing Jungkook warily. "Holy shit." Taehyung completely forgot about the boy and the inhuman abilities he had. How exactly did Jungkook get these powers? Was he born with them, or did he have to touch some radioactive chemical to gain these powers? He truly was mortified but intrigued nonetheless.

"Call my family poor one more time. I will break your neck." Jungkook seeths at Taehyung.

Taehyung holds his hands in a retreating gesture to communicate that he won't repeat it. At least for the time being. Jungkook started to relax his muscles, and his eyes turned back to their usual shades of browns but remained glaring at Taehyung. "Jesus kid, calm down." Once the intense moment from earlier diminished, Taehyung continued to lecture him. "Make sure to bring all your belongings you need because starting tomorrow, you're stuck with me," Taehyung said with a boxy mischievous smile.

(Revised 9/12/2022)

(Revised 9/12/2022)