Chapter 3

When the final bell rang to go home, I met Stephanie in front of the school so I could go to her house. Mason and I were supposed to hang out but he had football tryouts. I hope he makes the team.

"Shaiden over here!" I heard Stephanie call so I made my way towards her. Her brother is a senior at our school so he offered to drive us home usually he makes her take the bus but since I'm going with her, he took us. I've always thought her brother was cute. His name was Alex.

We finally pulled into her drive way and as soon as we got there, Stephanie and I ran into her house, grabbed some chips and soda, and went to her room. We finally get to catch up after barely speaking to each other all summer.

"So what were you going to tell me this morning?" I asked.

"So you know how I went to Australia?" I nodded. "Well.... I umm.. kind of met a guy and we kind of hit it off. He's really cute. His name is Michael and has the most beautiful accent ever! And he's in a band too. He plays guitar. He was just perfect and he kissed me and lord he was the best kisser ever." I was shocked. I mean Stephanie is gorgeous though. She has long brown hair with really pretty brown eyes and has an amazing personality. A lot of guys like her but I thought she had a boyfriend?

"Didn't you already have a boyfriend?"

"Yea but we broke up at the end of the year last year." She told me and I nodded. "And another thing.... he's going to come to visit me very soon. He's been wanting to come to America so my mom is letting him stay with us for a while!" Now this I was totally shocked about. My parents would never let a guy stay at my house over night let alone longer than a week!

"That's great!" I exclaimed. "I definitely have to meet him. When will he be here?"

"The first of September"

"This is so exciting. I'm happy for you Steph" I said and smiled. She smiled back. I've only had 2 boyfriends. One is 6th grade and his name was Charles Buckley and then Mason and we've been together since I was in 8th grade and he was in 9th.

My phone started ringing so I went in my purse and grabbed it. It was my mom.

"Hello?"

"Hey sweetie. Your dad and I are both going to be home late tonight. If you want you can order some food or something for dinner. Where are you?"

"Oh I'm at Stephanie's house right now. We wanted to hang out."

"Oh of course make sure you tell her I said Hello." While my mom was talking, I heard Stephanie tell me to ask to stay the night.

"Hey mom, is it ok if I stay the night at Stephanie's?"

"Yea I suppose That's ok just make sure you aren't late to school tomorrow"

"Thanks mom. I'll talk to you later. Love you" and with that I hung up. Before Stephanie left, I would always stay the night at her house or she would mine. We are inseparable. We wear the same size clothes so I'll just borrow something of hers to sleep in and wear to school tomorrow. She won't mind.

It was already 6 and we started to get hungry so we went into the kitchen to find food. We couldn't find anything so we just ordered Chinese which is our favorite. After the food got here we took it to her room and started eating it. We fished our food and I took all the trash downstairs to throw it away. While I did that she took a shower. I'll just take mine in the morning. I go back to her room and lay on the bed. I get my phone and text Mason how the tryouts went and he replied saying he thinks he did good and hopes he made the team. He told me he had some small assignments to do and that he will see me tomorrow. I told him I loved him and will also see him tomorrow. I set my phone down and started to go through Stephanies dresser to find some shorts and a tank to sleep in.

"What are you doing?" She came out with a towel around her head.

"Just looking for some sleeping clothes" I chuckled a little bit. She told me they were in the top drawer so I got a pair of black shorts and a white tank. We talked for a few more hours and boy did time fly by. It was already 1045 and I was exhausted. I layed on the bed and turned on my side. She was still talking but I drifted off into sleep. She's gonna get mad at me in the morning.

I suppose I was asleep for about 2 or 3 hours then the dream I've had constantly, re-appeared.

"This is the best relationship I've ever had and I can't lose you. I love you with everything I have."

I woke up in the middle of the night and just layed awake thinking on Who that curly haired boy could possibly be and why I dream about being with him instead of Mason.