CHAPTER 12: Asher 'INFATUATED' Solomon

"Jay, honey!"

Oh, mum, please go away. I was in bed on a Friday night and totally knackered.

"Jay!"

"Mum, I'm asleep!"

"Jay!"

I wanted to cry, why wouldn't she leave me be? I slithered from bed to out onto the landing, rubbing my eyes.

"Mum-"

I wanted to throw a few abrasive words from the top of the stairs but when I squinted down, I found she was stood awkwardly before our front door and by her, Lee.

I folded my arms.

"What's that rat doing here?" I grunted.

"Jay, don't you dare - get down here and apologise now!" mum, took a few steps forward, already fuming.

I stood my ground and stayed put. I smirked a little, loving how Lee couldn't curse me back seeing as my mum was before us. Mum sighed.

"Baby," she beckoned, much calmer, "come down please. I invited Lee over for dinner so you twos could make up - I don't want my besties fighting,"

"No one's fighting mum, I just don't feel like speaking to a liar and a user,"

"How the hell did I lie or use you? Jay, you're such a frigging drama queen, its unreal!" Lee spat, finally finding his tongue.

"Wow, that's rich coming from you-" I flared, before mum stopped me from going any further.

"Listen, listen, listen – Jay, I'm not gonna tell you again, get down here! I mean it, make up now!"

I sighed, this woman doesn't give up. My hands traced the banister as I stepped down against my peril.

"Come," she persuaded, grabbing hold of my arm as I reached the bottom step and swinging me towards Lee. He rolled his eyes and had a hand placed on his hip.

"Are we gonna call it a truce or what?" he muttered.

"I'll leave you guys to it," mum beamed then entered the kitchen.

Lee held out his other hand, "Truce?" he reassuringly smiled.

I didn't want to take it, I hated how Lee made me feel when he abandoned me for Betti but I needed him and I wasn't prepared to share him with anyone else.

"Truce," I deceivingly smiled back.

I continued.

"...I didn't mean what I said about you...or you're friend," I lied, I always hated what Lee wore but Betti's style was pretty cool.

My feelings are still mutual.

"Apology accepted," Lee answered.

After a moment, I raised an eyebrow.

"...Aren't you going to say anything back?"

"Like what? He replied fiercely, again with his hand on his hip.

"Lee – like you ditched me?

"What – I didn't ditch you, if anything, you ditched me. You're the one who ran off outside Starbucks,"

I didn't say anything; instead I gave him a look and climbed up my staircase. He didn't follow; I think he got the hint from the 'look'. Instead he either drifted into the living room or the kitchen to find my mum.

I rolled to and fro, bags were forming under my eyes but I just couldn't fall asleep. The sound of mum roaring with laughter and the TV downstairs were no help either. In frustration, I soared up from bed. I growled, before noticing my cell flashing on my desk. After much deliberation, I abandoned hopes of sleep and got up to grab my phone. Maybe I could find a new game to download and play? And that's' when I found I had a notification on Facebook about an inbox.