CHAPTER 18: Asher 'SLICKER THAN YOUR AVERAGE' Solomon

'Bums or boobs,' Kyle began.

'Boobs,' Gianni smirked.

'Fucking hell, why?'

'Cause,' Gianni shrugged, 'boobs!'

'Whatever Egyptian bwoy. Thomo, bums or boobs-'

'How-'

'Ha, just kidding, what you know about gyal anyway?'

'More than you,' he muttered.

'Mate, all you know is Vaseline and rude tube, rude bwoy,'

Thomas shrugged.

'You forgot Dee,'

Kyle glared at him for a brief moment, then rose up, ready to strike him.

'What are you, soft? Get over her man,' Asher said, leaning towards Thomas when Kyle wasn't looking and spudded his fist.

'I aint no fucking soft man!' Kyle shouted into his palms.

'Right, that's it, I've had it with the lot of you, I'm splitting you up!' Ms Wright began.

'Ms, that's not necessary,' Asher raised his hand, calling shots.

Ms Wright pursed her lips and from her desk, stepped towards his group.

'Oh, is that so?'

Asher played it cool, raising his eyebrows and half smiling.

'How about you get your bloody backsides up and do as I say?!' she barked and all four of them jumped in surprise.

'Starting with the ringleader, over in that corner, now!' she yelled, pointing in my direction.

For crying out loud.

Earlier in form Miss Davis had reminded us that our college application deadline was soon approaching.

'I just don't understand why you're running away,'

'I'm not fucking running away,'

I held my breath for a moment, 'they'll be bullies at Fedora too, they'll be other Luther's,'

'You think this is about that bitch Luther? Fuck Luther!'

'You can always tell on them Lee,'

'I think you fail to realise that my decision's final. Fuck you, fuck them and fuck Morris High. I'm fucking off to Fedora, the land of the young, sexy and talented and you can't stop me, Jay,'

We'll see.

'Now that you buffoons are no longer together, I can finally teach,'

'Ms, llow yourself,' Kyle protested, 'we're not buffoons...well, maybe Thomas is,'

'Your dad's a buffoon, you antelope!'

'Your mum's an antelope, you-'

'Oh for goodness sake, Kyle, get out of my class now!'

He paused.

'...Whatever,'

Kyle rose from his seat and bopped towards the door.

'Bad bwoy,' Asher said in a Jamaican accent, which sent the pair chuckling.