CHAPTER 25: Betti '100' Contostavlos

It was a Friday evening. I was browsing Netflix for something to watch. Unfortunately Asher and I hadn't really been speaking. I still felt really awkward from the Christmas holidays.

*What are you wearing to Betti's?*

A text came through from Lee. I rolled my eyes.

*I said I'm not going*

*Er, yes you are*

*Oh, no I'm not!*

*Just come! Betti went to the trouble of inviting you, the least you could do is show up!*

It was hardly trouble her passing on a verbal invite. It was hardly trouble at all.

*Anyway, I'm on the way to yours so dress nice*

*-_-*

*And by nice I mean slutty!*

After much persuasion - it was hardly any because arguing with Lee was like arguing with a brick wall - Lee and I were outside her house.
I wasn't quite sure why Lee wanted me here so much. I'd made it obvious that I wasn't the biggest fan of his friend. Much more he'd always ditch me for his other pals so why was he making an effort now?
  We were soon greeted by Betti at her front door.
  'Lee!' she beamed, lunging forward to embrace him.
  'Betti!' he cooed.
  'Hi, Jay, you look cute,' she smiled.
  'A bit over-dressed if you ask me,' Lee said, rolling his eyes.
  I was wearing a denim A-line skirt; a blue v-neck halter top; and black flatforms.
  'At least I actually wore clothes,' I hissed, referring to Lee who was literally half naked. I suddenly regretted my choice of words as they seemed like a dig to the birthday girl.
  'Haha,' Betti laughed, seeing the lighter side of my comment.
  She was wearing a silky plum lace corset, adorned with black embroidery. The sides were sheer and the straps of the corset were covered in silky black feathers.
  'Jay's just a hater,' Lee commented.
  'Well,' Betti began, 'we're starting soon, everyone's downstairs in the basement, I'll grab you guys some drinks.'

The all-girls party (aside Lee) was in Betti's renovated basement. It was dim with fairy lights and pink balloons , almost trying to push through the ceiling. Despite the cute interior, I felt uneasy. Lee had already found friends from school and forgotten all about me. Furthermore I couldn't eat anything to keep myself busy. I was grossed out by the phallic chocolate treats laid out across the confetti covered tables.
  'Okay gals, bring round a seat, we're going to start with some icebreakers,' a blonde woman in her late twenties beckoned over the music. I presumed she was the Ann Summer's representative.
  I dragged a seat and planted it by the door. I didn't really fancy joining in.
  I was beginning to feel out of place. And I was kind of missing Asher. I decided to pass him a message. 

*Hey*

I received a reply shortly.

*Hey*

Asher soon sent another.

*It's been a while*

*Lol. It has?*

I replied, unsure as to why I was playing dumb.

*Yeah, you've been off with me since you last came round*

Asher uttered with the same thought on his mind.

*Oh*

*Did I do something?*

Oh God, why must he bring it up?

*If you must know you just startled me*

I said after some deliberation. It took a while for Asher to respond.