CHAPTER 26: Karrueche 'CRAZY IN LOVE' Tran

The first few months of the new year had been terrific. I was with Asher on weekends and Lee on weekdays. That was until he got himself excluded.

We were in the month of March and were finally beginning to see sunshine again. The sun making an appearance couldn't deceive me however. A frosty gust of wind hit my cheeks and I shuddered, putting my hood up. I then remembered I had a packet of crisps in my bag and reluctantly furrowed for them in my bag.
'Want some?' I said, shaking my Tyrells.
Lee shook his head.
'D'you know what I want?' he questioned.
'What?'
'Cigs,'
I sighed.
'Yeah,' he began, jumping off of our break time bench, 'I'm gonna get some, you coming?-'
Before I could reply, it would have been a no obviously, Lee's friends suddenly emerged.
'Lee!' the pair sang in union.
'Yas!' he waved as they ran over. It was his red head and other Asian friend.
'I'm going to the Off License, are you guys coming?'
'Might as well,' the red head replied.
'But break's over in ten minutes,' the Asian one reminded.
'Lisa stop being a bore, we'll be back in five,' Lee cried, dragging her as the other followed, 'Jay, look after my bag,'
'Yeah, look after my bag,' the red head shouted, dumping it with me.

It had now been two minutes since the bell ending break rang and Lee wasn't back. I couldn't care less about his friends. I stood in the same spot frantically waiting for his arrival. I couldn't leave, knowing him, his phone was in his bag. I couldn't wait around either. I had a lesson and didn't want to get into trouble.
Suddenly his two friends emerged from around the corner.
'Run!' the red head squealed, darting past me.
'Teacher, teacher!' warned the other.
'Where's Lee?' I managed to let out but to no avail. They just kept running.

I later came to find out that Lee did make it back to school in time. But him and his so-called friends decided to have a quick smoke, and a teacher on-duty caught Lee in the act, as the others dashed from the scene. Much more was that our school had sealed off the hole in the fence, ending the secret escape to the outside world. So when Lee was off punishment, he'd have a lot of angry year eleven students to answer to. But as for me, who was I going to hang around with at school now?

At least I still has Asher, I assured myself. And better yet no one aside us knew. I did have my doubts however.

It was a Saturday night and I was round Asher's. I was in his room, as usual. On his bed, as usual, and so got myself comfortable. He was lying down, so I joined him and laid my head on his chest.
I grabbed the TV remote from his hand and flicked through the channels until I landed on Big Brother.
'Why do you watch this?' Asher remarked.
'Shh,' I hissed.
'It's so shit,'
I got up from his chest, and sat on his lap so my legs were either side of him. Asher was smirking, placing his hands either side of my waist. I leant in a little - Asher's smirk grew - then flicked his tragus piercing.
'Oww!' he cried loudly, shielding his ear.
I rolled off him in bursts off laughter.
'Little f...,' he breathed under his breath, now rubbing his ear.
I laughed harder. He had that piercing for over a year and it still hadn't healed.
'So seeing me in pain is something funny?' Asher remarked, furrowing his brows.
'Oh, stop being so dramatic,' I said, now by his side and attempting to flick him again.
Asher caught on in time and quickly, swerving his body towards me, blocked my shot and grasped my wrist in one hand.
'Get off!!' I cried, as he took hold of my other hand.
Suddenly I felt vibrations on his bed. I looked down. It was his phone. Karrueche was calling.
I didn't really address it. I just rocked my arms free and glued my eyes back on the TV. Asher didn't really bother me after that.

I was pretty much worn out from a week of being at school, woe was me. And although I tried to fight it, I ended up curling up into a ball and falling asleep. I later woke up in a dark room, over-hearing Asher on the phone in his hallway.
'Kat, for fucks sake...'
'No one!'
'Look, you're stressing me out,'
After a while, Asher quietened down and came back into his dark room.
Thinking that I was asleep, he lay beside me and cuddled me from behind.
I exhaled.
What a twisted love story this was.

**

'Mum what's it like to be in love?'
'Love? Hmm,' mum gave it a thought then quickly snapped out of it.
'Why?' she said smirking, 'are you in love Jay?'
I laughed.
'No mum,' I hissed. Then leant in and gave her a hug. We were sat on the sofa, draped in a blanket, watching Big Brother.
'I've missed you,' she said suddenly.
'Mum... I haven't gone anywhere,' I replied, pulling a face.
'I feel like we're not as close anymore, we never have our chats,'
'Yeah because your pictures are more important than me,' I spat a little too fiercely.
My mum's photography thing is going really well. She's even branched out onto social media and has so many followers already. I was happy for her. But at the same time bitter because I feel that she's putting work before me.
'Jay,' she gasped, 'that's not fair!'
I turned back to the TV.
'Jay, don't worry, I'll make it up to you,' mum said.
'Mmm,' I hummed.
'Well after Berlin,' she smirked.
I turned up the volume.
'So what's got you asking about love then?'
'Nothing,' I said, now a little too hastily.
'You sure?'
'Mum, I'm trying to watch Big Brother,'
'Hmm, okay, if you say so,' she said rolling her eyes, 'when you're ready to tell me just let me know.'

Hi, I wanted this chapter to be short. It's been a while since I've written so I just wanted to set the tone. However chapter 27 will be longer and far better!

Also I've finally graduated! Which means I can commit more to writing (kind of). I've currently been interning in China. Will be back soon!