CHAPTER 20: Asher 'WHATTA MAN' Solomon

'Morning miss,' Asher nodded.

'Mr. Solomon,' Ms. Wright replied, raising her sparsely plucked eyebrow.

He strolled to his seat, placing down a Costa cup and removing his furry hooded parka.

'Asher, you know you can't have liquids by the computers,'

'Come on miss,' he smirked.

'I'm afraid the charm you use on my colleagues won't work on me,'

Asher chuckled replying, 'miss, I'm a big boy, it's not like it's going to spill,'

She rolled her eyes and continued with the lesson. I guess his charm does work on everyone.

'Year elevens, I expect you to be finalising your productions before Christmas, so I want hard work from you all,'

The class, as usual, continued with their racket and miss went back to her computer.

'Tomo, knock-knock,' Kyle began.

'Fuck off,' Thomas replied.

'Are you on your period or suttin? Relax your lickle tash,'

'You know what, I fully can't deal with you this morning,' he said, retreating from the group and putting in his headphones. This was his recent response to Kyle.

'That includes you boys!' Ms Wright shot.

'Huh?' Kyle screwed.

'Why do I even bother?' she muttered to herself.

Kyle continued, 'eh-hem, anyways,'

'Kyle, I beg of you for one lesson, just do your work,' Asher sighed.

'Gianni's taking care of that for me, aren't ya?' Kyle questioned, patting his friend's back.

'I'm gonna tell miss I did all the work ya know,' Gianni replied.

'You really gonna snitch your homie?' Kyle retorted in anger.

'You've been snaking me since September, I do all the work and you take all the -'

Kyle cut him off by throwing his palm into his face and making hissing noises.

'Snake,' he spat.

'About-'

'Snake,' Kyle repeated, not giving Gianni a chance.

'You know what?' Asher announced, thrusting back his keyboard and rising from his seat, 'I'm gonna have to bid you boys goodbye,'

He grabbed his belongings.

'Ash, where you going?'

If I wasn't mistaken, Kyle seemed upset.

'Away from you noisy fuckers,' he groaned.

Ms. Wright looked up puzzled.

'I'm moving away from the distraction miss,'

'Ah, good for you Mr. Solomon. Don't let Kyle over there bring you down with him,'

As Asher wondered to my side of the class, his side barked, mocking the class clown.

Asher's eyes were on me, mine any place else. I skimmed around my side of the computerroom. Some students looked up in awe, a few girls blushed. I felt butterflies in my stomach. Since he first got moved by Ms. Wright, he has been making it a recent habit to sit here.

Asher hung his jacket behind the seat between us, followed by his hot mug. He winkedthenmade himself comfortable in his seat. I peered down at my exercise book and ripped out a bit of paper from the edge and scribbled anything down, before carefully folding it and discreetly passing it to him.