CHAPTER 10: Asher 'SMOOTH OPERATOR' Solomon

"Dance with me Jay!" I closed the front door. I could hear the sound of 90's soul coming from the living room, as well as mother. Nice to see she's back to her normal self.

"I'm good thanks," I said walking in but she grabbed my arm and I dropped my school bag.

"Ma!" she took both my arms and moved me about, trying to get me to join her. I soon gave in.

"Haha!" she screamed, after the track ended and slumped down onto the sofa. Her braids went everywhere.

"Jay, guess what?" I could read people like a book yet I was pants with guessing games. How exactly that worked was beyond me.

"I don't know...what?"

"Come on, guess?!" she beamed, she was out of breath.

I shrugged.

"Here's a clue – I've been waiting a long time, a long time," I should have stayed quiet but I thought hard and finally answered.

"Is dad back?"

The smile on mum's face faded and she blinked.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Now you've gone and ruined my mood!" she rose annoyed.

"But you kept telling me to guess!"

"Oh Jay, go away!" she turned off the music, left the room and climbed upstairs. I couldn't help but laugh at her departure.

It turned out mum got an amazing opportunity over the Christmas holiday to fly out to Morocco to take modelling pictures, alongside Samuel Adams. He was a famous fashion photographer – all expenses were paid, for her that is, which meant I couldn't go. It's for work, she insisted. High end fashion wasn't even her taste, I argued. Mum was happy regardless so looks like this year I'll be spending Christmas with Aunt Draya.

November was steadily approaching; it was half term next week and the week after, a few too many exams on my plate. I got to my room and went for my desk. It was best to start revision now; I needed all the time I could get. I pulled my phone out to check the time and noticed I had a notification from my Facebook App.

Asher 'AskYoGirl' Solomon Hit chat asap x

I almost melted seeing an 'x' from his inbox message. I was so whipped. But I couldn't, I can't sign onto Facebook, I've got way too much work I really should start on. I figured I could stay five minutes but I know fully well five minutes will become an hour.

*Jay :)*

We'd been talking so much lately and he always started off the conversations. Well if he didn't, I probably wouldn't. I always get the urge but I feel it's bothersome to the other person. I didn't want him to see me ever as a bother.

*Asher :)*

*You good baby?*

Melt-ing.

*I guess, you?*

*Don't worry about me... well actually you could help a friend out :)*

So we were friends? Despite another virtual smiley face, on my own a frown appeared.

*I haven't finished my research for Miss Wright you know. I just need a couple more responses for my questionnaire then I'm good*

Crap, I'd completely forgotten about Miss Wright's deadline for tomorrow. I still need to complete some of my planning for my actually production work. Media coursework will be the death of me.