Chapter XII - Bechloe: You Spin My Head Right 'Round (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

The air was thick with tension and both women couldn't find it in them to say anything in fear that they'd screw up the date and make things awkward. So, they decided to wait until they got to the restaurant to talk. The fifteen minutes that it took to drive to the restaurant seemed to drag on and on but they eventually got there where Beca's car was parked and the two women were quickly led inside by the maître d' who took them straight to their table. That was one of many things Beca loved about being so famous - she didn't have to wait for things. She knew she was spoiled but she had worked hard to get where she was so she believed she deserved it.

"Wow, Beca," Chloe said, sitting at their table for two, which was next to a large window that had a spectacular view of the city. "This place is amazing."

"Do you like it?" Beca checked nervously.

"It's incredible!"

"Good," Beca smiled.

The maître d' handed Beca and Chloe menu's and made sure they had everything they needed and that they were comfortable before they ordered their meal. Chloe wasn't used to this kind of living but she wasn't complaining. That was until she opened the menu and saw the pricing for the food. Her baby blue's nearly popped out of her head when she read the prices.

"Um... Beca?" Chloe spoke.

"Yes?"

"I, ah... I hate to say this but... I... I can't afford to eat here."

"Oh," Beca chuckled. "Don't worry about it - dinner is on me."

"W, what? No, I can't let you pay for me as well as yourself."

"Chloe, it's fine. I can afford it. I can afford to pay for everyone who is in this restaurant right now. Plus, I asked you out so it's only right that I pay. It's the rule."

"Beca, I-"

"Chloe," Beca reached over the table and extended her hand.

Chloe looked at it then took it with her own.

"I've got this. Don't worry." Beca placed a tender kiss on Chloe's hand, making the redhead blush.

"Okay... Thank you."

"You're most welcome." Beca finished with a gentle smile before releasing Chloe's hand and looking back at her menu.

The two women eventually ordered their meals and beverages and began talking. They got the basic things out the way by asking how they were and what they've been up to recently then they got into the more personal things.

"So, you said that you wanted to be a singer?" Beca said, taking a sip of her wine.

"Yes," Chloe nodded.

"What kind of music do you like to sing?"

"Anything really. I just love to sing whatever."

"What's your favourite song?"

"Titanium."

"Titanium?"

"Yeah, that song is my jam - my lady jam."

Beca's eyes bulged at the information. "R, really?"

"Yeah, the song really builds," Chloe winked and Beca had to swallow the drool in her mouth.

"I'll, ah, I'll keep that in mind." Beca took a mouthful of her wine, wondering if someone turned up the heating suddenly.

"So, what's it like being a music producer?" Chloe asked. "I bet it must be exciting - having people love you and love what you do."