The Fight

Written the 18th of June 2019

3rd person POV:

Hermione and Harry were met with their Gryffindor friends and three more standing out in the courtyard. Fred and George were there in dark red cloaks. Next to them was Luna in her school robes, Percy and Draco were wearing greek helmets. The blond boy had Backbiter and his skin-tight brown drakon hide pants and shirt. His eyes were obscured thanks to unbreakable glass attached to the helmet and his feet were armed with celestial bronze spikes. 

Harry thought Draco looked ridiculous with the red and green horsehair pummel and wings on the helmet and shoes. He looked scrawny and nervous as he stood there with wobbly knees, Harry doubted he would be able to even fight a bug. Only Percy looked good in the armor. It was normal greek armor, but in bronze with steel chainmail underneath. Little did Harry know that this was one of many armors that the sea child owned.

Draco nudged Percy and whimpered slightly, "Peeercy. Why do I have to come with? I have never been in a REAL battle, not like this. You know that. I am no fighter, I am a poet. You have been getting meaner and meaner each week after you were in the library ages ago. Why won't you tell me what is going on with you? My Percy would never-"

Percy gave Draco a poisoned glare that shut him up quickly, "Stop complaining. This is your opportunity to practice everything we have done in our spars. You are a fighter, you have survived, haven't you? Now make up a song while we fly to the Ministry. I need you calm and we both know singing helps you since I can't stand any more of your whining."

Ron looked smugly at Draco as the blond was beginning to bite his nails. Ron knew the Slytherin was a wuzz but it was so much fun to see him freak. He hasn't seen the Slytherin be this nervous since they followed him into an empty classroom where he cried. It was giving Ron a kick to see his old tormentor quake in his winged combat boots.

Harry greeted Fred and George with a smile, "What are you two doing here? Not that I'm not happy to see you of course." The two twins had evil smiles on their faces, "We came to help you of course!" they spoke in sync, "We also wanted to put a few surprises in Umbridge's office. We heard you two lead her into the woods so where is she?

George let a comforting hand fall on Draco's shoulder. The blond smiled shakily in thanks and quenched the feeling of safety. He was sure it was evil monster magic that was doing it. There was no way he should feel safe in George's presence, especially since he is a coward. All Gorge could do was smile a bittersweet smile and let his hand fall, the only thing he could think of was how much he hoped Draco would be okay. That and wonder how long it would take for Draco to be willing to talk to him for real.

Hermione blushed and Harry scratched his neck with an embarrassed grin. "Ummm she is probably dead. She got dragged off into the woods and Hermione told me it some of the greek centaurs in the herd will probably use the Brazen Bull* method to kill her for her disgraceful way of addressing them." Fred and George grimaced since they knew exactly what that method involved. 

They handed out small pouches of products to everyone, wicked grins on their faces. "Here, these might help ya!"

Luna had an eerie look, "We should get going. Let's fly on the thestrals, they have an amazing sense of direction and all of them would know where to go if we told them the place. Daddy told me that all British thestrals are checked at the Ministry so they can be used as emergency transport." Hermione looked skeptical but Neville nodded along. "I have bought plants along too in case we need them for healing! If from what Ron told us you saw then we might need it."

Draco snorted and nudged Percy, "He probably has drugs with him. Good to know if we need it as a painkiller." they all knew he meant something else as Neville blushed deeply and looked away embarrassed. Hermione looked scandalized at the thought of doing what Neville was supposedly doing. She gave him a look that said 'We-will-talk-about-this'.