34- Beauty And The Beast

"She's sleeping peacefully."Noor said while looking at me. "I need you to keep her here until I tell you what to do next." I said and sipped the tea. I was not well. Whatever was coming our way was no less than hell.

"I managed to make a fake call but I don't know what will I do when he shows up." I was looking out of the window. I have a plan but if he walks the way I think he will only then I can execute my plan.

"Just remember one thing. Don't tell her that you know me at any cost till tonight. Let this day pass and we'll tell her everything." I finally stood up and started walking towards the door. "Take care please. You're all she has left here." Noor said and I stopped where I was standing. "Help me my rabb. Help me...." A tear ran down my cheeks.

"Daniel, Stay with Sophie and I'm texting you something, at the right time do it and we'll be out of this misery. Just put your trust in me. I don't want you to face more dangers by coming here." I talked to Daniel and told him my next move.

He was about to reach in no time.

"Take care Arsl. We love you." Daniel said and disconnected the call.

I looked at my watch. The sun was setting but the sky had no colours at all, except for the dark blue and black.

"Allah never burdens a soul, beyond that it can bear." I recited the verse and prayed,
"Allah, please help me remain on the path you love and not the path you dislike, help us today like you do everyday. Help me get through this day safely."

I went to my car. I still had time so I thought to go home. Noor lived pretty far. It was almost an hour's drive. As I entered the house mom called and I talked to her.

"I am coming home the day after tomorrow. Your khala is coming with me." I gulped, still hadn't told her or khala anything at all and now they were coming back. I was guilty but I had to, for their own safety. I decided that I'll tell them as soon as they come back.

It started raining heavily. After praying Isha I glanced at my watch. He must be here. Her apartment wasn't too far just half hour away. The rain was too heavy to even open eyelids. I quickly settled on my seat and placed the umbrella on the other. The weather here in London was unpredictable.

I was about to start the car when my phone beeped. I knew it had something to do with Anabia so I picked up the phone. "Yes Noor." I said but the other line was silent. "Noor?" I panicked, because I had all the worst possible thoughts.

"She's..." Noor said in hiccups.
"She's gone Arslan. She's gone. I don't know where she is or how she is. I think she suspected something. Arslan what are we going to do now. Oh God, Arslan what are we going to do."

"Calm down, Noor. Calm down. Don't panick. Lock your doors. I'll search her okay. None of this is your fault. Stay safe." I said trying to be as calm as possible, but I was losing it too.

Where will she be, in this cold heavy rain. Where will she go? My mind wasn't responding but then it suddenly flashed in my mind.

"Oh No Anabia you don't." I said and started my car. I knew what was she going to do. There was no way that I'd be letting her do that. I didn't know how I managed to reach the building. Without the umbrella I started running towards her apartment.

There was a man who stopped me. One of his pets. I jerked him and ran when he suddenly hit me on my head. The pain was unbearable but knowing that the beast had her, I ran again. I hated the idea of him having her. "Ya Allah please make her safe. Please. Ameen." I was shouting.

I felt he was after me so I turned around and punched him as hard as I could. He wasn't prepared so he fell and I ran again without looking back.

I saw his apartment. The door was unlocked. I looked at my phne and opened the door with all the strength that had in my body. There she was, on a chair with hands tied behind her back. Her lip was bleeding and she was crying. He was hovering over her. Tears blurred my vision and as I was about to attack him, I received another blow on my head. This time it was glass and my head started bleeding.