24- Revealing Truths

Anabia's POV:-

"Before you start, what's your full name?" He asked and I frowned.

"Curiosity, plus we should know eachother's full name. In case we have a delivery on our name. By the way, my name is Arslan Haider. Although my father's name is Haris but we go with the family name. Luckily." He sighed dramatically and I laughed.

"Oh, it's Anabia Ahmed. We don't go with family name." I said and we both laughed, which helped me getting normal, maybe he saw me tensed and that's why he was doing this, to cheer me up.

"We are four best friends, since as long as I can remember. Me, Asfand, Zaid and Saffa. We met Zaid and Saffa when we were four, but me and Asfi, we are together since the start. He is elder than me a few months and he lived next to my house.

Our families were very close and they always loved eachother like blood relations. I was very happy, until on day.." I stopped thinking about the day when everything changed. When she stepped in our lives.

"What happened?" He asked while chopping the tomatoes while I was boiling the Spaghetti.

"My maternal aunt shifted back. Since that day everything changed. My mom started hating or more like disliking Asfand's mother and him, I never knew the reason why? We were always this close, he was like my soulmate, I shared every bit of my moment with him. My whole life was to say him, he was my saviour, my guider, infact my whole life.

Whenever I felt unhappy or sad, he somehow managed to knew and you know what he did? He used to jump through his window to my room. He always comforted me with his words and he always promised to save me, but look, I don't have him now, I don't and all of this is because of my mother, the mother who gave birth to me, who brought me up.

On my 18th birthday she did what I never expected from her. She always wanted me to marry her nephew, Wasif, the boy who tried to threaten me with that letter that day when you came to rescue me.

I thought it was temporary as I denied marrying him. Like every mother wishes that her daughter marries her nephew and so I thought it was just like that temporary.

But she really threatened him. She said him to stay away from me and that he is trying to get me and whatever the hell a person can say to disgrace one's self respect.

We were never into eachother, none of us was, we talked about that almost every week, and every week the answer was same no I don't have a thing for you. But I don't know what made her think like that, no one ever said that to me, no one ever told me to marry him because they knew that we were never into eachother, we never liked that, not that it was our rule not to date your best friend but we never felt that way.

Infact he used to say that one day his wife will be jealous of me and my husband will be jealous of him. But we never reached that phase of our life. I know that he is in Australia leaving everything behind, every relationship, every memory and all I can do is to pray for him. To pray for Asfand." There were tears in my eyes, the Spaghetti was boiled and I was adding the other ingredients in it.

"What's his full name? That boy Asfand?" Arslan asked while boiling rice, he was making biryani, a Pakistani dish that I always liked eating but never ever tried cooking.

I raised my eyebrow,it was curiosity, like why he wants to know his name.

"Don't think that I am a serial killer, I am asking to increase my knowledge. You both were like really great best friends so just curiousity." He said raising his hands and I laughed.

"No problem, no need to explain me anything. His full name is Asfandyaar Ali.
His father means my Chachu died when we were kids, that was hardest time for him because he was so close to him. We miss him so much. I still do miss him, Because he used to say me princess, after dad he was my dad. He was my godfather, when I was born Daddy made him my godfather, we don't usually do that in Pakistan but they really were close friends since their childhood.