32- Trials

"O Rabb! There is no one around here who can help me. It's been months since I talked to my parents and now my friends are not even protected. I have no one except you. please help me." She was siting on the prayer mat, constantly crying. It's been a week since that incident took place. Daniel was fine but still that constant fear of death lurking in the dark was with them.

"Allah Tallah please, I have no one. No one ever has anyone except you. When do they have anyone except you? You will listen and you listen and you did listen, otherwise I hadn't escaped death. You made me come out of Caroline's house, you sent Arsalan there for me. You will help me this time too." Her forehead was touching the ground.

Daniel and Sophie were at Daniel's place. She was taking care of him. They were free from their finals. The finals which none of them gave with any attention. Anabia never thought of living without her family. It was 2019 and still she was living in that old age, the stone age where people travelled on their feet from one place yo another, where they had no phones and mails for contact. Or at least it seemed like that.

She got up from her prayer mat and folded it nicely, placed it on the side table. She got dressed up. She had bags under her eyes, the Anabia once everyone admired was gone. Her eyes had no life in them, the smile that melted thousands of heart was now faded, somewhere in all this mess she lost herself, completely.

Placing a navy blue scarf on her head and wearing the blue jeans with a long light blue shirt she looked one last time in the mirror. The weather was as usual, cold outside so before leaving the apartment she put a long coat.

_______________

"It's so amazing that you come across people in your life you never have imagined." Anabia said looking at the girl sitting next to her.

"We all need someone to share our burden. With someone who will not judge us. Someone who will listen to us with silence, someone we can pour our heart out in front of." She said looking at the window, the sun rays were coming inside the room illuminating it a little.

"Yes, we all do. I am glad that I found you and you found me. Accidents always bring out something best." The girl said with a little smile placing her hand on Anabia's.

"That day in the hospital when I saw you there crying and praying. It reminded me of myself. I was alone when my family died, totally alone. I had no one, but that day I decided not to leave anyone like me alone ever again." She said further.

"Isn't it amazing? Noor, that we are two totally different people, from two different backgrounds. We have nothing in common, no language, no culture, nothing at all but still we have so much in common."

"It's our religion that binds us together. We all are same in the eyes of Almighty. I needed a friend and you needed it too, so HE made our paths cross." Noor said while pouring the hot coffee in the cup.

"I never thought that one day I'll be living like this. One of the richest business tycoons in Lahore is my father. I studied in the best school of my city, I had the best lifestyle anyone could ever imagine. I was living a fairytale Life but, now, here I am. Far away from my family, have no idea how my family is back there. I can't even go back to them. My whole life is a mess right now. I never imagined to live like this. Never."

Tears silently made their way to her cheeks. Who every thought that one day Anabia Ahmed will be living like this? In this constant fear.

"Life is unpredictable. Nothing is permanent I read that in Qur'an and I believe it. No happiness, no sadness lasts forever. All has to end one day or another. Allah has promised us that we will be out of this mess one day. And when He promises, He keeps it." She knew it and she was determined to get out of all this mess one day.

"Have you contacted Arsalan?" Noor asked while sipping the coffee. "No, he's busy somewhere and I don't want to disturb him. He have already done so much for me and I don't want to disturb him more." Anabia was now standing in front of the window, looking at the birds chirping. The sun was almost setting. It's been hours of them talking, it was a routine now for her to come and have a coffe or  dinner sometimes.

Anabia met Noor in the hospital, the day Arsalan left for some urgent work. She was crying while sitting in the garden. The moonlight was illuminating her red face. It was almost two in the morning. She heard a voice, when she looked up she saw a fair girl sitting next to her. " Is everything alright sweetie?" Anabia looked at the girl for some moments and smiled even while tears were flowing from her eyes.

ALLAH NEVER LEAVES YOU ALONE.

She remembered the day she sat just like this next to Sophia on her first day of university. "No, I am not." With these words she started crying again. The girl hugged her tightly and let her cry because she knew it was the best option. "Don't worry no matter how alone you become Allah will never leave you alone." She said patting her back.

This small sentence was the beginning of a new chapter in Anabia's life. A new friendship, a new journey. The girl told her about how her whole family died in a car accident couple of years ago, leaving her all alone. She told her that she was alone in this big city when this incident happen but she'll never let that happen to anyone going through this pain all alone. A vow she made that day. Noor was her name, and the meaning of her name suited her personality. She was light indeed. She stayed with Anabia the whole time. She made breakfast for the three of them and the day Daniel was discharged she was there for them. The only reason Sophia went with Daniel was Noor, she was sure that Noor will take care of Anabia just like she used to do.

"What are you thinking Annie?" Noor said as she approached Anabia. They were looking at the sun setting behind the clouds. Different colours were visible on the sky, it was looking like the colour tray dropped on them.

"What will they be doing. How will they be living. Will they be happy or sad. Why does Allah separate us from our loved one? Noor why does we have to feel this immense pain? It's so difficult to live without them. It is. Why is my trial not ended yet? When will it end? I feel like I can't bear this anymore. I'll fall down. She was not crying but, her voice was very weak.

Noor placed a hand on her shoulder. " Yaqoob AS wept for  years for Yusuf AS, but he never complained to Allah, never. Because he knew that ALLAH DOESN'T BURDEN A SOUL BEYOUND THAT IT CAN BEAR. trust HIM.

HE'll never let you go through all this fuss all alone. HE knows how strong you are and how much pain you can endure, trust me." Noor said looking at her. "I have faith in HIM, that's why I am still here standing alive in front of you." Anabia said smiling. "Dinner before Isha or after?" Noor asked.

"Whatever suites you. I am not much hungry." Anabia said smiling. " Okay, then how about after praying Isha? We'll be relaxed afterwards. Let me just put the desert in fridge then." She went towards the kitchen which was across the room. She lived in a small apartment. A small, cozy one.

Anabia sat on the couch when suddenly Noor's phone rang. She called her name but Noor didn't answer. Grabbing the phone she went towards the kitchen. As soon as she entered the kitchen with the ringing phone in her hand, Noor ran hurriedly towards her. She almost snatched the phone from Anabia and looked at the caller ID.
"Sorry, have to pick it up." Saying this she went outside. Anabia looked at her reaction and was surprised for a moment but then she went towards the desert to see what it is.

"I told you that I'll call you myself. Don't make it so hard." Noor was a bit irritated. The other person said something that softened her expressions. "Yes, she's with me and ye again she's fine. She'll suspect that something's wrong, you know how much intelligent she is and I don't want her to hate me. She's such a good friend of mine." Noor said and waited for the other person to speak.

"Yes, I know about the weather forecast. I'll make her stay here. When you find anything tell me." With these words she disconnected the call and looked at the kitchen's window.

What happens when she'll find out??

🌠🌠🌠
Woah!!!
So It was my sports day (well it's not actually day because this sports day continued for three days so idk what to say A sports day or Sports week lol)
The point is The UPDATE!!!
ENJOY ♥