Chapter 21: A Boppin' Date!

Zacznij od początku

"That's right, you and Pastel Palettes are such good friends. Just like me and Alisa." I tell Hina.

Ehehe~, I love everyone in Pastel Palettes, so that makes me really happy!" Hina says "I love them along with the things I don't understand about them~."

"Fufu, it's usually pretty hard to feel that way about someone you don't understand, but I get the feeling that's exactly the type of person you like." Marina says.

"Yeah! I love talking to those kinds of people! It's fun!" Hina replies.

"That's pretty amazing! That means you can become friends with anyone from anywhere in the world!" Marina says.

"Ah! Now that you mention it, I probably could! Wait, does this mean I'm a friendly person?" Hina exclaims. "Now I'm even more excited to meet new people!"

"And I'm sure you'll continue meeting new people Hina." I say.

"Yup! Thanks Marina-san and (Y/N)! I'll see you around." Hina says as goes on her way and we wave to her.

"Well, shall we get going then?" Marina says to me.

"Yup." I reply then we continue on our way back to CiRCLE.

--------------------

The next day

I'm at Edogawa Music looking through the various items they have on sale. I still remember how Maya had fun when we were here on our date.

"Let's see... I think my third string was wearing thin..." I look around a corner and see Sayo standing there looking at various guitar strings.

"Hey, Sayo." I call out to her.

"Oh, (Y/N), it's you." Sayo says with a small smile as she sees me.

"Looking for new guitar strings?" I ask her.

"Yes, what about you?" Sayo replies.

"Nothing, I just thought that I would have a look around." I say.

"Just out of interest?"

"Yup."

"I can't really relate to you in that sense, since to me, musical instruments are nothing more than tools for me to improve my own ability." Sayo explains. "Not that I'm trying to reject your opinion (Y/N)."

"So your guitar is nothing more than a tool to you? Something that can be discarded and replaced if need be?" I ask Sayo.

"Yes." Sayo answers almost immediately.

"How long have you had it?"

"Since the beginning."

"I see. You know, my grandfather gave me a gun on my 13th birthday as a gift; it's still named to my dad since I'm still too young. But to me, it's more than a tool for me to improve my skill or protect myself. I can't really explain it, but it's a precious gift that I won't get rid of and I have an emotional attachment to it. It also holds memories of the times I went shooting with my grandfather, dad, and even Alisa when we were in the states." I explain to Sayo. After a moment of silence I look straight at Sayo and ask her.

"Have you ever thought of all the things you've gone through, and the memories you've made with your guitar?"

"I've never though of it that way..." Sayo says. "But maybe... I can understand that sentiment someday."

"I hope you do." I reply with a smile.

--------------------

1 hour later