The Nightmare

The slaying of several men had took the whole city by storm. The police department was in a situation of disarray,so were the higher authorities. No one had  the idea what to do and what to say. 

Chief Minister Office

Prashant,the current Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh had called an emergency meeting, summoning all the high ranked officials. He was literally fuming with anger as one of the deceased was his relative and the killer was still at large.

"Does anybody has any idea what the hell is going on in my city?", questioned a furious Prashant.

"Sir, we're not sure, but we've been working on some loose ends! Hope so, it'll lead us to the culprit!", exclaimed Vijay, Deputy Inspector General of Bhopal Division.

"We've  been able to gather information about the slayer,but it's more like fragments", explained Shekhar, Assistant Superintendent of Crime Branch, Madhya Pradesh.

"What the heck is fragments? Are you saying that you are still not sure who's behind all these killings?", shouted Prashant in a fit of rage.

"Sir, please placate yourself! We are trying our level best to find the culprit,but he's a goddamn son of a bitch! He has left no trace behind,as if he was a ghost", explained Ravi,the Assistant Commissioner of Police.

"Enough said,all of you! I can't get this matter slip as one of the slayed person is son of central government minister. If you can't solve it,then surely a central government agency,will solve this. Dismissed!",said Prashant as he left the office, leaving all the stunned and puzzled.

Chahat's House

Chahat was lying on her bed,still thinking about the incident that happened a week before. She couldn't get that mysterious person out of her thoughts. She was twisting and turning on her bed,just then her phone rang up.

"Hello,it's me, Sonam", answered a voice from other side.

"Speak yourself, beautiful. I'm all ears", Chahat was obviously not paying attention to Sonam's voice as she was lost in thoughts of her own.

"Are you listening to me or not? You dumb girl", shouted Sonam, clearly sounding frustrating.

"Sorry dearest, I'm still working to get out of that incident,but is clearly failing at every attempt",she put her heart on her  words.

"Okay then. We'll meet tomorrow", Sonam said before disconnecting.

"I'm so disturbed! Why the hell he's not going out of my mind",she uttered to herself,before falling prey to her dreams once again.

Industrial Area

A woman, probably in her thirties,was passing through the industrial belt alone in her car. She was driving the car in a relaxed way untill one of the tires went flat.

"What the hell!",said Shivani,as she came out of the car. It was three past midnight and she knew it's dangerous for a single women to roam the streets. But keeping aside all the fears, she started to change the tire herself,untill a voice spoke,"Can I lend you a hand,miss?",a voice enquired Shivani as she looked up to find seven hooligans equipped with rods and knives. All of them were laughing with list in their eyes.

"Aaj toh ekdam Naya maal Mila hai!(Today we have got a total fresh piece of meat,)Sir",said one of the men to what seemed to their leader.

"Grab her and bring her to me. I'll be the first one to pop her cheery and thereafter you all will enjoy her to your wish",said the leader with malicious intent. All men noded in affirmative and went to garb her.

Shivani was an undercover cop who was specialist in hidden operations. As soon as the assailants went to garb her,she pulled a knife and injured one of them.

"Aaaahhhhh.... She's a bitch",cried one of the assailants as his hand was seriously wounded . He was bleeding hard.

After this incident,all of the assailants circled her and attacked all together, which caught Shivani off guard. She was a feisty one but this time she was getting overpowered. Her mind wondered to the most possible outcome and she ended all resistance and at that time she heard a cry of agony.

"Ahhhhh... My hand.",said one of the assailants whose hand was detached from his shoulder. In a pool of blood,the assailant fell flat on the ground.

"Who's there? Show your face,you coward!", shouted one of the assailants. Silence prevailed over the area  again. Shivani's body had gone numb by the beatings of the men and she was only waiting for the inevitable. But the sudden screams of one of the assailants, brought a glimmer of hope in her mind.

While the men had become alert,a smoke filled the whole area.

"What is this? Where did this fucking smoke came from? ", shouted Ranga,head of the assailants.

"Ahhh... ",a voice screamed and after that a body dropped down the ground . It was mutilated in ways that even animals pale in comparison to this. There was a big hole in the chest and the eyes had been pierced with knives that were still hot. The internal organs were all spread out,making the whole area a epitome of gore and violence.

After a couple of minutes,the smoke faded but afterwards what they saw made them empty their stomachs.
Shivani with her blurred vision saw the body and tried not to vomit but couldn't help herself and threw her contents out.

Suddenly footsteps could be heard coming from a distance. There was not  a single sound other than the steps making  the whole scene more frightening.

 There was not  a single sound other than the steps making  the whole scene more frightening

"It seems to me that a woman is being taken advantage of. That's the thing I hate the most",said the voice and before anybody else could think, two knives flew past Shivani and hit the assailants in their necks, killing then instantly.

Afterwards the remaining assailants ran away only to get hit with knives in their heads. All were dead.

"Who are you? Atleast I want to know the name of my savior!", said Shivani in a pleading tone.

"I'm the Nightmare",said the figure before disappearing in the night.

That's all for now my friends. Sorry for being so late. I had exams going on . Do comment and suggest my friends. Love you all.  😊😊😊 Until then, peace out.