Chapter 48 - Happy Ending

Amelia's P.O.V

"Can you believe we are officially graduated and done with school?" Matt said excited as he came towards Ethan, Paris and I after getting his diploma

"I know it is crazy." I said smiling

It was official, today we graduated, all ready for the next chapter of our lives, that being seeing the world together. If you asked me where I thought I would graduate a couple of years ago I never thought it would be with three of the most important people in my life. My cousin, my best friend and my fiancée (fiancée? That is still strange to say) Though technically we were not official yet, we decided to wait until after we graduated before he spoke to Matt and my father...unofficially I was graduating with my husband to me. Another thing, I never thought I would be engaged at eighteen years old, I never planned to have any of that until after college but things change and that was perfectly OK. Ethan and I were meant to be, I could feel it.

"Yes and now we get to travel the world." Paris said exciting

Matt pulled her into him, kissing the top of her head

"And I couldn't imagine doing any of this without you." He said to her

Paris giggle blushing and burying her face in his chest. She still blushed like crazy around him it was very sweet.

"It has been a crazy year hasn't it? Good and bad." Ethan said pulling me into him

The four of us looked around, smiling. We really had been through a lot but I think that is what has brought us all this close. I can't believe we are done with high school. I smiled, rested my head on Ethan's shoulder and he reached down kissing my forehead

"I never thought we would all be here like this together. It is perfect. We need a photo just the four of us before our families come and take over, you know they are gonna be freaking out and flashing cameras in our faces soon." Ethan said laughing

Ethan did finally have that chat with his parents, he told them how he really feels, what they have done to him and they were OK, still not great but OK. I was afraid they were not gonna show today but they did. I was glad no matter how their relationship is they pushes all that aside to be here together for him.

The four of us got in close, taking a photo. This is a memory I always wanna have. We looked at the photo and it was perfect. We all looked happy and proud. I was glad we were not all heading separate ways after high school, my life wouldn't be the same without them. And just like Ethan said, in moments our families were rushing over to us. They were all emotional, hugging us and taking photos.

"I am so proud of you Amelia." My father said hugging me

"And I am too." Sharron said hugging me

My father managed to contact my mum, telling her I was graduating today but she never showed. I am not gonna like I was hurt by it but if she wants to be that way she can. I have my father, Sharron and my Aunt here and that was enough. We all got photos with our families, them looking very proud in them. I couldn't help but smile watching everyone around us, everyone was happy. It was perfect.

"The four of you get together now, let us get those photos." My father smiled

The four of us laughed, rolling our eyes playfully at them but done as they asked, we must have stood for about ten minutes to let them all take their photos.

"I will be back in a minute baby." Ethan said once the photos were done "I love you." He added reaching in to quickly peck my lips before heading off