Chapter 48: People

Sango stared at Sesshomaru as he sat across from her and Miroku. Her eyes turned to her only son who was asleep in Sesshomaru's arms. Her sweet little boy looked so peaceful in the arms of a demon, he was so unaware of the danger.

It sickened her that he sat in her home as if he had the right to be there. But Miroku had invited him in when they had seen their son asleep in Sesshomaru's arms.

Sango could almost hate Miroku for doing that.

But instead, everything inside of her screamed at her to take her son back from Him. But the strong grip that Miroku kept on her arm forced her to stay at his side. Her mind replayed the images of Inuyasha before her eyes, tormenting her with what he could do.

"So you wish us to fight with you to save Kagome then?" Miroku questioned.

Sango glanced at her husband, feeling sick at the thought of their friend.

So many years had passed since Sango had seen Kagome. Thought of Kagome killing herself was almost too much for her; she had been the heart of their group. So many of the battles that they had been would had ended in disaster if not for Kagome. Her old friend had the strength to fight through any hardship.

"Yes...I need to end the danger to her and our children before I can save her."

"You ask for a lot of us," Sango snapped at him. Miroku tightened his grip on her arm as if that would quiet her. It wouldn't though. "We have our children to consider, Lord Sesshomaru."

There was nothing there in Sesshomaru's golden eyes as she glared into them. They looked so dead that Sango almost wanted to check that his heart was still beating.

"Of course," He muttered before looking down at her son. Sango's heart stopped at the reminder of her child's life in his arms. "Kagome would never forgive me if anything happened to your children. If you would join me that I would do everything in my power to see to their safety as if they were my own."

The words struck a chord inside her.

He was right that Kagome would never forgive him but then neither would she. Both she and Kagome were mothers that were doing everything in their power to protect their children. Sango knew that he did not know that both she as well as Kagome saw them as a threat.

It wouldn't matter if he was the father of Kagome's children; he could still be a threat in her eyes.

It was no different for Sango. Until the moment that Miroku asked Sesshomaru into their home, he had just been her husband. Yet Sango now knew that her beloved husband was as much a threat to her children as Sesshomaru was.

"Then you would be willing to give me back my son, right this moment?"

Sesshomaru stared at her sweet little boy's sleeping face, making her long to take him and run. Sesshomaru moved too fast for her to even take a step though; for there he was. Sesshomaru was there beside her, holding her child out for her to take.

The weight of her son back in her arms was so sweet. She went about checking her son over for anything cuts that might have happened from Sesshomaru's claws.

"He reminds me of my oldest," Sesshomaru muttered.

Sango looked into his eyes and saw the longing in them as he stared down at her son again. "I long to hold all my children again as soon as possible."

"How do you know they're alive?" She questioned him.

"My allies have told me that my children are being cared for by their mother in hell." There was an edge of anger in his voice that made Sango move back from him.