Chapter 17: Different Sides

Kagome awoke to Sesshomaru carrying her to his study. He didn't look at her and she closed her eyes to go back to sleep; she had grown use to him carrying her around everywhere. He had taken to the habit since she had told him about the demon; she had seen what a mistake that had been. Sesshomaru hadn't found the demon and didn't want Kagome to be alone in fear that she would be taken from him.

So she was never alone: she was always by his side or his mother's and it was driving her up the wall. The privilege to bath alone was gone, she couldn't leave their rooms unless he wanted to and the few times that she had; Sesshomaru had carried her back into the room. He would then punish her with sex; where he had taken her slowly, working her to her release before stopping. She had hated the sex, but she had hated him for making her beg for the organism as well. Kagome just stopped trying to leave after that with the compromise that he would wait for her outside the bathroom so that she didn't have him watching her go to the bathroom go anymore.

She sighed when she felt a light fluttering inside her, the babies were moving again. She was half the size she had been when she had been almost full-term during her pregnancy with Mizuki. But she was only two months along; Kagome really didn't want to think about when she was going to give birth because of the dangers to her babies as well as that she wasn't going to be able to walk at this rate.

"What are you thinking about?" Sesshomaru asked; he knew she was awake and he was curious to what she was thinking about. "You and you're annoying insistences that you carry me everywhere," she grumbled at him.

Sesshomaru said nothing to her words; she was simply tired from the rapid growth of their children in her womb. He knew she disliked being forced to stay by his side, but it couldn't be helped since he had yet to kill the demon that approached her. But he refused to allow his concubine and their unborn offspring to come to harm from his enemies. When they reached his study, he placed Kagome on the cushions that were placed beside his desk for her.

"Rest Kagome, your meal will come in soon." He told her to which she frowned at. She hated eating the raw meat and she hated how he would force her to eat it if she refused. But it was for the health of his seed and though Kagome knew that it didn't help her eat it; he assumed it had to do with it all coming back up on her soon after. He ignored her frown and placed his hands on her stomach, wanting a moment to enjoy the growth of his seed in her womb. He enjoyed the knowledge of his sons and daughters growing and taking strength in their mother's body. Placing a kiss on Kagome's stomach before he moved; and went to his work.

oOo

Nori walked into Sakura's rooms after dropping her beloved Moonflower off with her son and his concubine; she had business with her son's mate. The little fool likely had knowledge of the demon that had approached Kagome, and unlike her son, who planned to kill Sakura after Kagome had given birth again. She wasn't about to allow any threat near her bloodline until several branches had been born been created from her son's seed and Kagome's womb.

She knew that Kagome hated her and her son at the moment, but the babies that she with Sesshomaru would slowly change those emotions. She realized that her son was feeling something new and powerful for the priestess, it was a good thing. Losing that trait of being like stone because of Kagome; fatherhood was making him see more and grow like it had with her former mate.

Her thoughts shifted to her son's father, a demon that had been just like Sesshomaru until he had watched the birth of his first son and held him. She remembered the look of wonder and shock on his father as he held Sesshomaru for the first time. He had been so scared to hold his child, constantly asking if he was holding their newborn son the right way. It was funny when she thought of Sesshomaru before Mizuki had been born; he had constantly practiced hold infants and the stuffed animals that she had made to be prepared to hold his child.