Chapter 41: Help

"No...NONONONONONONONONON!" He screamed in hysterics.

He knew that she was gone. There was a hollowness that filled him where she had once been. She had always been everything, even as he chased another.

He had always been a fool though. He had always thought that she would be there for him. He had never thought that she would be gone forever or that he wouldn't be able to save her. He never thought of her pain caused by him; he had always been so selfish where she had been concerned.

Everyone had tried to warn him, even her own mother had tried but he brushed it off. His brother and their children had been the obstacle that kept her from him before.

It was Kikyo all over again. He stared at the healed stump that was his arm...what was the point of living now that she was dead?

"NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO," he continued to scream as he stared at his stump.

Everything was gone. Everything that he had hoped for and dreamed of was dead. It was all cold in the ground like her.

But it didn't mean that he could just dig a grave for himself and follow her in death. No, he couldn't do that. He had to get revenge for her against his brother and their children. They did not deserve to live while she was cold in the ground, rotting away. He would give each a brutal death that they deserved for her death.

Then he would go to her grave and lie down with her until he died beside her.

oOo

She felt so warm and safe, lying there with her oldest baby in her arms. Kagome gazed down at Mizuki's silver head; her sweet baby girl held onto some of her hair. It was like her daughter was scared to lose her. It would never happen though.

She would never let her children go again.

Her heart still ached for the simple fact that she had given her children that fear. She was their mother, who was meant to protect them from their fears and worries. She had only given them more of both when she had killed herself. She had never thought her actions would cause such distress to her babies.

She had never thought of them when she had taken Sesshomaru's sword to her throat. She hadn't been in her right mind then. Poison had filled her veins for the last two years under Sesshomaru's care. Everything had been a poison to her mind, spreading through her flesh and corrupting her for it. She hadn't been able to think or feel as she normally would have.

She hadn't even been human.
Kagome had been nothing more than an animal. A broodmare for Sesshomaru; raped by him and his actions. A thing that he claimed to have feelings for.

But you did not harm someone you loved like he had her. Never had he truly taken her feelings into account with anything he did. It had all been meaningless words. Every promise had been so empty and hallow. She had never been able to trust him or herself when she had been with him.

A soft cry ripped Kagome from her dark thoughts; reminding her of the new place that she found herself in. She sat up in the raised bed that she found herself in. It was just like her mother's king-sized bed back in the future.

There were beautiful golden cribs not far from the bed, care and detail put into each one. It took her a moment for her to find the strength to stand and walk. Each of her babies was in a crib of their own, all sleeping but one. Kagome smiled as she took Yume into her arms.

It felt so right to whole her beautiful little girl.

So different from her brothers and sisters but so beautiful for it. She was so like her father and uncle in appearance that Kagome could barely see anything of herself in her daughter. It was there though, hidden beyond the obvious.