Chapter 25: Yume

He was so beautiful that the pain that filled Kagome seemed to just melt away for a moment. But the tears still fell down her cheeks as she touched her baby's cheek, he was so prefect to her that her arms ached to hold him. "Let me hold him."

Sesshomaru gave her their son without a moment of hesitation and then she was holding that little life that they had created together. She begin to check that he had all his fingers and toes when another contraction started again. She gave their son back to Sesshomaru, scared that she would drop the baby if she didn't as the contraction was stronger than before and she suddenly remembered that she had more babies that were not yet more, and were endanger for it.

Sesshomaru was suddenly between her legs again, but she didn't care as she worked towards pushing out the next baby.

"I can see the head!"

oOo

He was smiling, he couldn't stop himself as he saw the head of another of their children. The son that she had just had was wonderful, with her black hair and his golden eyes...he looked just like the boy from his dream.

It was still such a shock that he had a son that the joy he felt rivaled the joy he had felt at being told he had a daughter. Another cry ring out as another baby was pushed into the world and into his hands. It was another daughter and when he brought her to show Kagome, he gave into the urge to kiss her. He forced all the emotions that he felt in that moment, wanting her to feel it all like he did. He wanted her to feel the joy and hope that their children filled him with.

When he pulled away from her, she didn't look happy about what he had just done but she did not look upset either.

Kagome just turned her attention to their new little girl and again, he was struck by how wonderful this moment was. Their bloodline was growing before his eyes with each child that she pushed out of her beautiful body. She reached out her hand, touching the cheek of their new daughter with a smile on her face again. There was such emotion with her eyes as she looked at their crying newborn. He felt such envy and then suddenly dread as he thought of the danger beyond the doors.

He tried to push the thoughts away but with his new daughter crying in his arms, Sesshomaru found it almost impossible to do so. Takashi had demanded a female for an insult that had never been given to him and now Sesshomaru had to decide on what to do about the matter. It was too soon for his armies to be ready for battle against the other grand lords like himself. His armies were too few in numbers even if he joined in the battles like he planned to do so. The gasp of pain bought him out of his thoughts and he looked at Kagome for a moment before turning to place their little girl beside her sleeping brother.

Returning to be between her legs, he wondered if it would be wise to have Kagome join him in the defend of their family. It wasn't something that he wanted to do, in fact, he was...scared at the thought of having Kagome at his side on a battlefield even though he knew of her skills. She was powerful both mentally and emotionally that he had not seen many others. She was more his equal then the demon lords that were on the same standing as himself, yet he feared losing her.

He thought of the times that he had saved her and how her presence alone seemed to make him more merciful. She had been weak with her human body until he had bound her life to his, he had only made her stronger for it. Yet she still didn't feel for him as he did for her.

If she were to join him on the battlefield, he questioned if she would stay. She loved their children and would die for them, but he did not know if she would sat for them.

Oh he knew that she would return for them after it was safe to and likely with her friends as well as her allies. But would she bring his brother along?