Chapter 45: Good

Life was good. Enma felt everything was turning towards the direction that he desired fate to go. He had given a little reminder to the demon lords of the mortal realm who was their ruler. His cousin had been given a small taste of the punishment to come.

Life felt so good; especially since he held Sesshomaru's arm in his hand as proof.

There was one just one black mark that kept life from being perfect. His sweet mate refused to have him in their bed, or allow him the privilege of touching her in any way. He was even refused a hug.

It put him a truly sour mood that his sweet would allow him to touch her. He also knew there was no one to blame for it than himself. He knew that it had been poor timing on his part to ask about Kagome when they were making love. But he was sick with guilt at all that had been done to her.

His father had caused so much harm to others, all that had blood ties to them. He had poisoned them all, to have them be weapons that he could call upon. He was spared only thanks to his mother.

She had saved him and a few of his older siblings from being turned into weapons. She had done it despite the deep love that she had felt for his father. Enma could still remember the look of pain when she stood with them to kill him.

Tears ran down her cheeks as he had ripped his father's heart out of his chest and ate it.

Sesshomaru was no different from his father. A poison that invaded others, slowly killing them day by day. Kagome was Sesshomaru's victim but Enma would see that there would be no more.

He would make sure that the past was not repeated in his family.

"You look happy," Emma said as she suddenly appeared off to the side. She walked to him, taking note of the severed arm that he held in his hand. There was a glow in her eyes that reminded him of when she had killed that lord.

Timid though his sweet could be, he loved the bloodthirsty side that had been forged by her tormentor. It was the survivor in her that filled him with pride even though he loved every part of her.

"Gave my cousin a taste of his punishment to come."

Standing before him, he wasn't surprised when she grabbed his bangs to force his head down to her level. The kiss that she gave filled him with the desire to take her in that moment.

He dropped Sesshomaru's arm and wrapped his arms around Emma, he lifted her up. His desire gripped him like a feral beast raging for its mate; Emma responded in kind. Growling and snarling into the kisses that locked their lips in a furious battle.

He held her against the wall when he felt the burn of her power. He snarled in outrage as his mate tried to deny him what he wanted. But he released her as she desired, bound by his honour as well as their mating vows.

The glow in her eyes only shone brighter as if in defiance of the desire that rode them both so hard. "You want me?" She questioned softly. "Then show me in our bed."

Without another thought or word, he had her in his arms once more and raced. He raced to their bedchamber as fast as he could, kissed her as he did. He needed her in the only a male could need that female that completed him. He gave her everything that she gave him in return.

Their tongues warred in that way that only lovers knew that demanded more and more. Gods, it made him want more of her, to feel nothing but her.

He slammed the door shut when they reached their bedchamber and gently placed her on their bed.

She was the most lovely being that he had ever set eyes upon. Her beauty only grew as the years when by and she became stronger; she was nothing like she had once been. The broken, angry state that she had been was gone. All that remained was the reforged woman that would glare down anyone.