Chapter 24: life

Inuyasha sat in the branches of a tree, his thoughts on Kagome and his brother. His hand pained him constantly, serving as a reminder of what his brother had done to him and Kagome. It was scarred horribly and was useless like he has been to Kagome. He felt like the monster that his brother was for failing to free Kagome and rid her of Sesshomaru's children.

It had to be hell to be forced to give birth to children that she wouldn't have wanted. To be forced to have someone that she must have hated between her legs, impregnating her with his bastards. Inuyasha's claws dug into his palm at the thought, his good hand bleed for it and yet he didn't notice it.

He had to save her, he had to kill the reminders of her brother and help her heal from all the pain of it. She would help him heal too, she return and love him again. They would heal each other and make a family out of love instead of bastards forced on her. He would see that their end was not a painful one after all, Sesshomaru's bastards were still babies...just babies that shouldn't have ever been born in the first place.

It would be merciful to end their lives awhile they were still innocent.

"Inuyasha?" He glanced down to see that it was Sango and the twins that were calling for him. But he ignored them, instead staring out into space as his thoughts turned dark. He would kill his brother and the children that he had sired on Kagome.

oOo

She truly was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. There in candle light, lying naked on the futon and laboring to bring their children, Sesshomaru resisted the deep urge to kiss her. He loved watching her body and sex work to free the children within her, though he wished that Kagome didn't have to endure such pain during such a beautiful moment in their lives.

Watching as her contraction end for the moment, Sesshomaru moved from between her legs to return to her head. Taking her hair in hand, he began to braid it just as she had asked before the contraction had begun.

"It's different this time...it didn't come so fast with Mizuki." Kagome muttered as she caught her breath.

"You're having more than one, Kagome. Your body is working harder to bring all our children into the world safely." He informed her as he finished his task with her hair. He felt her eyes on him and knew that she didn't like his answer. But then she seemed to be scared about how many that they were having in this birth, he didn't understand why she would. He would make sure that their demon children survived...though he could do nothing about the half demon children within her. Where their children that were full demon would survive with ease, their half demon children would be far too undeveloped to survive long.

Looking at her, seeing her work so hard for the unborn children that they loved had made Sesshomaru realize what he had to do.

Moving to the large jugs of water, he planned to clean her of the sweat that was forming on her lovely skin. Putting water in a bowl and grabbing a clean cloth before returning to Kagome's side to clean her up. The gasp from her was sweet music as he started cleaning her of sweat, but the moan of pain that followed informed that she was having another contraction. He moved to be between her legs and watched her sex with endless interest.

"S...Sesshomaru." She whispered, calling his attention away from the blooming flower that was her sex to look at her face. "Take...my hand p...please!"

Staring at the fear in her eyes, he did it without a second thought. He wished that she didn't have to fear what was happening and that he could do it in her place, he didn't know the name of what he was feeling but he would gladly die for the safety of the woman before him. He didn't know when but she had become the sweet water that would sate his thirst. Her scent was the air that he needed to live and yet she knew nothing of that.