Chapter 22: Change

The first thing that Kagome noticed as she came to was how safe and warm she felt.

She didn't understand why she felt so safe when she knew that the arms around her were Sesshomaru's, but she did. She felt one of his hands rubbing her stomach as if to protect and soothe the children within her. To her, he was a monster and yet, she knew that to their daughter, he was her hero... It was like a voice constantly mocking her. Kagome knew that he would protect her life and that of their children, but could she trust him to protect her heart and soul?

Would he shatter it over and over again just as he brother had? Like he had not that long ago. He had said nothing and simply taken her body when she was in pain and fearing for the lives of their children. Sure, he stopped, but then he was probably just done using her. Her body felt like it was a poison to her soul, knowing that he had come inside her over and over, that he lusted for it with such hunger. She was the mother of his children, she would raise them and love them, but in truth... Was she really their mother? Toxic little voices whispered over and over, that he would be the one to end her life and her children's.

She didn't believe that for a minute.

But she did believe that his mate would move heaven and earth to be the one to bring and end to her children's lives. Kagome knew that Sakura hated her and saw Kagome as a threat to her mating with Sesshomaru, though she had no idea why... All Sesshomaru wanted from her was her body and the children that she would birth for him. She had no doubts that her end would come birthing Sesshomaru's children. That was no way for any woman to die, but Sesshomaru didn't care. After all, he had her pregnant with six so soon after giving him his first daughter. He would probably let her heal after the birth and then spread her legs again, intent on fucking more children into her.

Tears came to her eyes as she thought of the little lives that she might never know and how she may never be able to protect them from the unseen dangers if she was to die. "Please don't cry... It wounds to me to know that you are shedding tears." His voice came as a gentle whisper in her ear.

She should have known that he was awake; after all he had been rubbing her stomach... He was always awake before she was, he was always holding her in her sleep like he was protecting her from anything and everything... Everything, but himself and his mother that was. She lied there in his arms, probably the safest place in the world and let her tears continue to flow.

"Talk with me, Kagome." He whispered into her ear, his face nuzzling her hair. She knew that he was breathing in her scent; he seemed addicted to her scent, sometimes even getting hard from it. She refused to make a sound, let alone a word.

Why did he want to talk? They had talked countless times before, but her words, her thoughts; her hopes fell deaf to his ears. It was like he could not hear her unless it was something that he liked. She was done talking to him, done talking to anyone, but her children. She would become a doll to all, but her children. She would move and talk, she would play and sing, she would be everything... Everything only for her children. All others would find her as a doll. She would sit and be silent, she would not move, Sesshomaru could fuck her all he wanted and the physicians could do whatever they wanted to her when examining her body. She would be a doll to them and only become human when with her children.

"I wanted you." He whispered honestly into her ear, his mouth only inches from it. "But I did not take you because I wanted you. I took you for the sake of our children, Kagome, they needed my seed."

What was he talking about? She wanted to turn her head, but her body refused. She was already starting to become numb to his presence.

"...Mother told me that she had already explained to you that I need to give you my seed every night in a breeding session. We hadn't been together. I do know that my mother lost children due to not being seeded enough or using other males to replace my father." He said hoping that she would understand what he had to do, as he moved to roll her onto her back, shifting so that he loomed over her. She stared at him blankly the tears never ceased... Why did it feel like poisonous claws were slowly cutting chunks of his heart out.?