Chapter 32: Words

"Lord Sesshomaru, I would like to formally request a betrothal contract between my first son and heir Ken'ichi, and your first daughter and heir Mizuki." The lord before Sesshomaru requested.

Sesshomaru wanted to chock the demon to death. But it would not do to make such rash actions, though he could see that Kagome was thinking the same thing with the glare that she was giving the demon across from them. His little moon flower was oblivious as she babbled to her mother and walked around Kagome.

"Your son is how old?" Sesshomaru asked as he looked at the young demon that was behind and off to the right of his father.

Ken'ichi had pale blue hair and looked to be a handsome boy of ten if he was human. But that would mean that the boy was barely a hundred and fifty, to which the boy didn't even look old enough to be that.

"My son is almost two hundred." The lord proudly lied.

Sesshomaru's hand twitched in desire to burn the demon's head off for the lie, for the whole mess that his mother had dumped into his lap when he needed to prepare for war. "How strong is your son?"

"My son will kill any warrior that you desire, lord Sesshomaru."

The boy paled to a deathly white at his father's words and Sesshomaru felt pity for the boy that was being forced to do something that he did not want to do. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see that Kagome was enraged for the boy.

It was then that Mizuki escaped her mother's hold and tried to walk pass him to the strangers that she saw. He was quick to grab up his little girl and give her a kiss on the cheek. "Stay with daddy, my moon flower."

But Mizuki was becoming a force of nature in her own right and tried to break free of his hold on her. She struggled in his arms yet the smile on her sweet face told Sesshomaru that his daughter thought that they were playing a game. "Da go! Da go!"

It was poor timing for a game.

"Willful little thing...we hope that you'll be able to break her of it before she mates with my son."

"I have not agreed to the betrothal contract yet and there are many other offers for betrothal for my daughters so do not assume that I will give one to your bloodline."

He had no intention of giving any of his daughters away to any male; they could all die for all he cared. The look on the lord's face said that Sesshomaru would not be able to get away with that if the council of lords but then it would be the whole purpose of the war that he would be starting very soon.

"I'm sure that you can see that my son would be an excellent match for your daughter."

"You are a minor lord, my daughter is heir to a lord of great power."

"I am be a minor lord but I do have powerful connections and relatives that-"

"What think your bloodline is worth mixing with my own? Because I have yet to see that it is." It felt so good to insult the worthless lord in front of him that it was almost sweet on his tongue like blood.

Turning towards Kagome, Sesshomaru handed over their daughter with a smile. "You need to go and feed the others soon. Take Mizuki with you, my dear."

Kagome stared at him for a moment before taking their daughter and leaving the room without another word.

"What a rude concubine...you clearly do not whip her enough if she's leaving without bowing to you and us with respect."

The lord paled for a moment, which told Sesshomaru that his eyes had gone blood at the insult and threat made towards Kagome. It was good that the minor lord before him remembered who was the stronger and more powerful of the two. "My concubine is none of your concern and it will be staying that way."