Chapter Fifty Five

She was beautiful. This was the only thought running through my head the moment I'd heard her cry out. She was completely and utterly beautiful sitting there on her knees. She was on her knees with her face raised up to the sky, her arms were flung to the side but back behind her, and I could see the relief on her face as she embraced the moment of release. Her eyes had lost the green in them. They were a vivid blood red and were opened unblinkingly as she looked toward the clouds. Her mouth was hung open as she cried out with all she was feeling. Sparks were beginning to dance from the pores of her skin and a hazy blue electric current began to surround her. It was coming from everywhere, every single part of her body, and it just made her all the more magical and beautiful to me.

The demon on her back was the first one to erupt into flames. It was the first one to fall victim to whatever was happening to her, but it didn’t stop there. No. It kept going. The bolts of lightning like electricity began to stretch out farther and farther away from her. It reached for each and every one of those vile creatures, and wrapped around them tightly like a cocoon. In turn, each of them began to sizzle and burn then erupted into flames just like the first. Yet the members of the pack remained untouched. It was like this power could tell the difference between the evil in the creatures, and the members of the pack.

I was beyond astonished. I was completely and utterly amazed at what I was witnessing. I glanced around quickly watching as she singlehandedly put an end to this battle. The others were watching as well. I witnessed as one by one they stopped fighting and turned to watch as my mates power stretched out from her and eradicate the creatures. I’ve never witnessed something so beautiful in all my life. I was in awe of her. As I looked back at her, no doubt with my jaw dropped and hanging open, I couldn’t help but fall in love with her even more.

Before this moment I don’t think I’ve ever truly realized just how extraordinary she really was. I don’t think I really took into consideration the amount of power she held inside herself, or that she was capable of something this magical. Even saying it was magical put it lightly. The fates had really given me the jackpot in a mate. I don’t think there was anyone I could ever love more than I loved her in this moment. I found myself engraving this moment into my memory. It was one that I never wanted to forget. It was one that I wanted to remember for the rest of my life. This was the kind of moment where legends were created. And that’s what this amazing girl was. She was a legend come to life, and a new one being created from it. She was our salvation, our future.

Her eyes met mine and I could read sadness in them as she locked onto me. I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what she could be sad about. I couldn’t figure out how she wasn’t feeling the amazement that I was feeling in this moment. She was doing something so beyond anything we ever could have imagined. Before I could truly enjoy the moment of contact though then her eyes closed and she fell to the ground. And in that split second I felt the dread surround me and it felt like I was drowning. I couldn’t breathe. I felt like I was one the verge of losing her all over again. I felt like she was about to fade into the void of death and I was going to be left here without her. I couldn’t, I wouldn’t do that. Even if there was a possibility of another mate for me in the future, no one could ever compare to her and I didn’t want anyone but her.

I began to run to her the same moment that Greg did. We both knew that something was wrong. Whatever she’d just done that saved as many of us as were left, had hurt her. Even in all its beauty, it almost felt as if she’d sacrificed herself for the pack. It was like this was the big moment where she was choosing to leave us. She’d changed us. She’d given this pack hope for the future. She’d strengthened us. She’d bonded this pack as no other has, or ever would. She’d been and important asset to this pack, and this pack couldn’t lose her. I couldn’t lose her.