62. Time

(please be aware of a time jump that happens in the next chapter!!! sorry for the lack of updates, I try my best to write when I can and update quickly for y'all who still read this and for new readers!!!!)

It had been a while since Sasha died and that fight between Saviors and us Alexandrians in Alexandria. It was only the beginning to many more just like that one, but more intense than ever.

With Negan still alive, it had us all on our toes and we tried to be as ready as possible. Each community had helped each other rebuild and regain strength after losing some people. After that awkward talk with Daryl, we never spoke about it again. I thought maybe stressing the future, I should be focused on today. Not what will happen tomorrow, or a week or months from now. I figured that maybe it would cause less heartbreak for both of us, if I didn't worry about what lies ahead.

We all needed to come together. And we did. Another gunfight with the saviors and Negan at their compound, numerous runs and situations that almost cost us our lives and everything around us. Brutal injuries and deaths occurred, people losing loved ones as we fought for each other and our further.

And after that, everyone was tense. Everyone had started to have their own ideas, own beliefs and difference of opinions... but it wasn't said. Through our hesitation in the things we were supposed to be doing, it showed. Obviously, each community had their own leaders and when we came together there had seem to be rising issues on how to handle situations. Some wanted peace and change and some wanted to fight back and exert our power to protect everyone.

We had all had set out on a run, looking for guns in a place where saviors were. To take them out and take their things, it sounded risky. But it had to be done, it was only right. So Rick, Michonne, Daryl and I and the others had started the plan, got the community leaders together and set foot on taking their weapons. At the end of it all, the killings and blood, Tara and Jesus had found a group of saviors, who ended up showing mercy, then took them back to hilltop for the meanwhile.

Everything was changing fast. We were getting back on our feet, finding new ways to keep surviving. That had always seem to be the repeating cycle, but I guess that's the way things go now. We survive, fight, rest and survive and fight all over and over.

On my own, I started to think for myself more than ever. When I had the chance, I would bring myself
to Hilltop and be next to Glenn's grave. Without him, I would've never been able to figure out the person I am today. Without him, I would've never had the courage to open myself up to Daryl and to stick up to the fear that ran throughout my body every time I saw a walker.

There wasn't time to sit around and think about things, or hold on to each other and cry. We needed to keep on pushing back against the ones who wanted us dead, the ones who hurt our loved ones. But it was starting to get hard. To fight back when everyone's views were changing.

Although we knew that our beliefs were different, then we continued to look after each other during each fight, during each other. Even if the differences would eventually cause a ripple between this family we've all created, we all had good intentions whether we wanted to kill the saviors or let them survive.

After that long day of gun fights with the saviors, I had waited in the home Daryl and I had shared. It was dark out, everyone from Alexandria that stood alive, had came back too.

Usually, he would come straight inside. But instead, I had found him sitting outside on the steps, like he didn't want to come in. That night, I hesitated too. I knew how he felt after Glenn died. But I knew we needed each other, no matter what started to change. I eventually opened the front door and sat beside him, waiting for any words to come out of his mouth. And he eventually told me, Rick and him fought and threw punches at each other. He told me that night, that things were going to happen quick, change easily and probably wasn't going to end well if we all didn't stick to one side.

The only words I had for him then, were a bunch of curses about how we couldn't let our differences change how we feel about each and everyone who stands with us. But I never told him how I really felt about Negan, or Rick's opinions and that I had agreed.

But, I think he knew. Daryl was smart, can easily piece things together like he can cover and pick up on tracks.

It was either them or us. It was either kill or be killed in times like this. But I was starting to think about if things can get better if we didn't have to kill others and they didn't need to kill us - what if we can all survive together eventually?

Could it ever truly happen?

-
🥺🥺

I'll be focusing on the ending of the 8th season then immediately doing a time jump in about 2 chapters and things will end pretty quick, but slowly as I write and edit and push through writers block.

If there's any mistakes, I apologize. I'll be editing and rewriting eventually!