45. Arrival [pt 2]

Rick walked up, leaving Alex next to Rosita

Rick walked up, leaving Alex next to Rosita. The two men made eye contact and Negan's smile reached his ears. "Well hello there!"

There was an awkward silence into Negan's smiled turned into a wicked stare. "Do not make me have to ask."

"You said a week... You're early." Rick mumbled, pulling the gates opened.

"I missed ya." Negan smiled, even when he noticed a walker just near them. "Oh Rick! Come on out here."

Rick turned his head around slowly, eyeing Alex who stood alone, gripping at her waists, as she feared any possible commotion from Negan. Nodding her head in assurance, Alex walked forward to take Rick's place, and he began to walk to Negan.

"Watch this. Calling it!" Negan grinned before turning around and swinging Lucille straight into the walkers head just once, then laughing manically. "Alright everyone! Let's go get started. Big day."

Once Alex stood a little bit further where Rick was previously standing, she looked beyond Negan and saw some of his saviors all huddled near their trucks. A long haired blonde man with a deconstructed face caught her attention. But, the only thing that brought him to notice was his leather vest she thought looked familiar.

And then her heart stopped for at least a second, before noticing who was standing behind him, dirty, hair messy, different clothes, staring at the ground.

Daryl. Her Daryl.

As for Rick, his heart did the same thing. Seeing his best friend- his brother standing on the other side, in fear that Negan brought him there to kill Daryl right in front of all of them.

Interrupting Rick's thoughts, Negan spoke up again.

"Hey Rick, you see that? What I just did? That is some service!"

Alex almost cried at the sight of Daryl's face. Two black eyes that were colored a deep purple. She could tell that he was, for one of the first times, scared. Lonely. Threatened. In which he was. Daryl didn't look at Alex. He kept his eyes on the concreate floor, and occasionally looked at Rick.

Rick knew he looked messed up. Physically and mentally destroyed. He hoped that nothing was going to happen to him, as he teared up a bit, before turning angry.

"I mean, we almost get turned around at the gate."  Negan leaned back. "Who is that guy anyway? Do I get mad? Do I throw a fit? Do I bash some gingers dome in? Nope! I just take care one of these pricks that could've killed one of y'all." Negan raised his voice.

"Service!" Negan smiled, walking up to Rick, before handing him over Lucille. "Hold this."

Rick took it, looking at the bat in disgust, remembering that Glenn and Abe's blood was just on the bat days ago.

Negan had entered Alexandria with his saviors, including Daryl, who wasn't as far away from Rick and Alex moments ago. Alex kept staring at Daryl from the side, hoping he would look at her back.

Sadly, Daryl did not want Alex to see him at this weak, submissive and vulnerable part of his current life predicament.

"Hot diggity dog!" Negan chuckled, staring at the entrance of Alexandria, and he stood further into it by the car. "This place is fucking magnificent! An embarrassment of riches, as they say. Yes sir, I do believe you are going to have plenty to offer up!"

Rick turned around quickly, and looked at Daryl.

"Daryl, hey..." rick spoke, his hoarse voice catching Alex's attention. The group watched from short distance, watching that Negan had brought his now prisoner, Daryl.

"Da-" Alex stopped herself before she yelled his name out. She was hoping Negan didn't hear her, but he heard everything she and Rick said. Daryl lifted his head up and looked straight at Rick, wanting to go in for a hug and be taken back into Alexandria. His home.

Finally, before Negan could do anything, Daryl quickly turned his eyes onto his woman. His heart stopped just like hers did moments ago.

"No!" Negan sternly said. "Nope. He's the help. You don't look at him. You don't talk to to him, and I don't make you chop anything off of him." Negan said to Rick.

He stood there looking away from Daryl, as he stared at the floor. Tilting his head up, he looked behind Negan to see Alex standing far off, looking at him and Daryl.

"I wasn't talking to you, Rick." Negan smirked. "I'm talking about Daryl's little girlfriend over there, who thinks she's got balls! But, I am also talking to you, Rick. Same goes for your people."

Alex felt the burning stare from Negan, as she eyed Daryl still. She refused to.

"Yeah... yeah! Miss little thing over there thinking she had the nerve to come at me and get her bitch of a boyfriend the first time we all met!" Negan went on. "Do I need to tell the rules again?"

He smirked at Alex who had finally looked at him, then proceeded to talk to Rick, blocking their view from Daryl.

Alex's chest started to beat faster and faster as she felt Negan walk up to her side, and lean into her ear, trying to scare it. And she would be lying if she said she wasn't scared shitless.

"Mhm," Negan hummed. "Daryl's got a bit lucky with you."

Daryl balled his fists up at his side, as his fingernails scratched the side of his palms. He was angry, and so was Rick.

"I know your boyfriend is your weakness, so try and remember this...don't you fucking dare try a thing." Negan smirked. "You've seen me pissed off, I don't think you want to see me even more pissed."

Alex stood there shutting her eyes, wishing that she had some type of power to wish all the bad things away.

"Heh." Negan laughed. He then proceeded to walk away from her. "That was a whole lot of suspense there, huh Rick! Now, I don't doubt your girl, what's her name? Alexa?"

"Alex." Rick muttered.

"Huh, Alex. Yeah, I don't doubt her, but right now? She doesn't know too much!" Negan's wicked smile flashed on his face, as he stared straight into Rick's eyes.

This day was going to be long for the people of Alexandria. As for the saviors and their leader, it'll be easy mission- easy like a Sunday fucking morning.

-
There's gonna be a third part, because I want to stretch this out a but. Plus, there's so many words in the word/character count.

Who else can't wait for s8? ONE more month!