9- Change

Alexandra's *POV*

The next day, after Michonne hit Rick over the head after his big crazy speech, the community went quiet. I found myself sitting down in a room, along with Michonne, waiting for Rick to wake up. We watched him sit up and laugh a little and groan as he woke.

"What's so funny?" Michonne asked.

"You two were here the whole time?" He asked.

"She was. I just got here today. Carl wanted to know if you were okay, told him I would check up on you." I spoke.

"Hm." Rick hummed.

"Like I said- what's so funny?" Michonne asked.

"It's- it's like the train car." Rick said.

"Like from terminus? How?" I asked.

"After the whole thing, I'm still there."

"Deanna wanted you in here to calm things down." Michonne explained to Rick. "Rosita patched you up. Rick. What are you doing?"

Rick sighed, not answering Michonne. I, on the other hand, chose to be quiet and listen to her talk.

"We put Pete in another house. You could of told me what was happening."

"It moved fast. And then Noah." Rick signed. "I couldn't tell you about the gun. Neither of you."

"It doesn't surprise me. I hid my knife all this time." I said, making Michonne turn her head.

"And what's the reason you two just have to do that? We're in a safe place." Michonne said.

"These people are weak- we aren't. I carry my knife around to protect me. Us." I said.

"Oh you wanted this place." Rick said to Michonne.

"We had to stop being out there." She said.

"Well, we're here." Rick said, still sitting down on the mattress and looking around the empty room.

"Well, you just said we weren't." Michonne scoffed. The door opened, revealing Glenn, Carol and Abraham walking in silently. "Where'd you get the gun?" Michonne asked.

"Does it matter?" I asked.

"Yes, it does."

"You took it, right? From the armory?" Carol asked. "It was stupid- why did you do it?"

"Wait- are you guys serious right now?" I stood up, looking from Mihonne to Carol and Abraham.

"Alex-"

I interrupted Glenn, so I could finish talking. "No- you guys out of all people should know why Rick had the gun. Why I carry around my knife! Just in case something bad would've happened to Rick- or to any of us."

"Yes, just in case." Rick said.

"Deanna's planning to have a meeting tonight. For anyone who wants to." Glenn said.

"To kick Rick out?" I asked.

"To try." Carol answered.