31. Saved

"You need to know things aren't as simple as they might seem." - Paul 'Jesus' Rovia TWD

Alexandra's *POV*

The words Jesus spoke the other day kept playing and playing in my mind, about now this was a new world. This guy said a lot of smart shit, which led me to believe one hundred percent he was a good guy. He didn't say these things out of angry or any time of feelings a 'bad guy' would have...We waited for a long time for more communication. The group checked the perimeter just in case any of those saviors were around us.

After a while, Rick suggested that we'd try and find where they went, which we did. We went through the doors and the building, searching for a sight of Maggie and Carol. Our weapons were raised as we got to a big metal door, which opened at the same time we arrived at the door. Behind it, it revealed worried and relived women.

Maggie and Carol.

We all put our weapons down, especially Glenn since he ran straight to Maggie. I softly smiled at the little reunion, as they held on to one another... That was until I saw Maggie's stomach and her shit ripped with some of her blood on it. It started to remind me of something that happened way long ago before all of the bad stuff started happening in the world....

"Maggie." Glenn spoke.

My head turned to my right, seeing Daryl had rushed over to Carol's side. "You good?" He asked Carol.

"No." She spoke.

"Come here."

I knew I shouldn't be jealous, especially after what all happened, but I couldn't help that little feeling in my stomach and heart that made me feel that way. I Ignored everyone's little talks and even Rick talking to the bald headed guy standing not too far away from me.

"They're dead. They're all dead. The one that took us." Maggie said.

"Hey, are you okay?" I heard Glenn ask her.

"Your friends are dead." Rick spoke. "No ones coming for ya. So you might as well talk."

"Let him burn." Daryl mumbled.

"I'm gonna ask you one last time... How'd you get the bike?"

"We found it."

"That's bullshit." Daryl said.

"We found it." The guy repeated.

"Was Negan in the building last night or was he here?" Rick said, getting closer to him.

"Both... I'm Negan, shit head. There's a whole world of fun that we can talk about, so let's have a chat."

"I'm sorry it had to come to this." Rick said.

I stopped listening as I focused back into my feelings and Daryl and Carol... And especially last night- killing humans. The thing that pulled me into focus was the sound of a gunshot, causing me to jump and taking a step back.

"Alex..." I turned my head behind me and saw Jesus with a concerned look upon my face. We stared at each other until I felt Rick's eyes on me. Daryl's. Maggie, Glenn's and Carol's. I heard some one clear their throat, but I stood
there frozen. Jesus kept his eyes on mine, as my mouth opened a little, like I was going to say something, but I didn't.

As we stared at each other, I suddenly felt my cheeks become wet from some tears that had fallen. "Alex..." Jesus repeated, coming closer,
I felt his left hand in front of me come in contact with my right wrist.

"What? Oh- I'm fine." My voice cracked as I lied to him and everyone. I started to walk away to head to the rest of the group outside of the building, ignoring Daryl and everyone else. Was it really easy for Rick to just kill humans? And Daryl... I don't even know now.

And all of this that happened last night and today, it was all easy. Too easy.

A/N:
VERY quick chapter... Skipped over a little bit because each "paragraph" would've been literally like three lines each time lol

OK; what do YOU guys think about what Alex meant when she said Maggie's cut on her stomach reminded her of? From before the world going to shit? What do y'all think is going on or will happen?

How bad ass was Maggie? I think she'll be fine- with that cut on her stomach; didn't look too deep/big or right where the fetus/baby grows.
Carol was a little off this episode! I think Morgan definitely got into her head a little bit!

Heheheeee Jesus and Alex lol

Vote!! Comment!! Follow! I love you all so much for the support on the first book and this book! I really appreciate it all! I won't be updating for a week or a week and a half because this weekend is my birthday weekend (my birthday is on Sunday!)

Thanks!
Xox